Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

BlackBerry Storm 9500 Issue's. Works with some sim cards and not others! HELP!

[ Edited ]

Device firmware: 4.7.0.186

Hi guys, found you website/forum on Google, looks like it could be of some much needed help, I sure hope so!

I am located in New Zealand, and have just acquired a BlackBerry Storm 9500 from my cousin in the states, he says it is "unlocked" and I have had it checked and they confirmed this.

However, I insert my sim card (with Vodafone) and it says "insert sim card". Also tried a friends sim card and it said the same thing. I then insert my girlfriends sim card and it worked fine.. went into Vodafone and the guy tried his sim card, and again, it worked fine, I then tried my brothers sim card (all Vodafone sim cards) and it said "sim card rejected". Finally I tried my Mum's Vodafone sim card and it worked!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! Does ANYONE know why some sim cards (incl. mine) say "insert sim card"? And why some worked, and why 1 said "sim card rejected"????

I have no idea what's going on, the guy at Vodafone did say he thought it was because mine was the older simcard with "128k" on it and his was the "256k" "3G" one... but then my girlfriends one is as old, if not older than mine and says "128k" also..

I would really like to get the issue fixed ASAP so if someone on here could help me out that'd be a god-send. I can't get my head around why some worked some didn't and one rejected.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Logan.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry storm
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: BlackBerry Storm 9500 Issue's. Works with some sim cards and not others! HELP!

not sure why,

but if the problem is that it doesn't work with your sim card, can't you get another sim card keeping your number?

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

Re: BlackBerry Storm 9500 Issue's. Works with some sim cards and not others! HELP!

Who's to say that will work though? One of the sim cards I tried was a brand new one and it didn't work.. and one was as old as mine and it did work. It's really odd and no one can tell me why it does this! And one sim card even said "sim card rejected".

Reason I don't want to go and get another sim card and do a sim swap with the numbers is because I'm intending on selling the phone so don't want to go and waste more $$ if it proves to be ineffective.

Any other idea's?