Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Storm No sound

i got my storm like a month and a half ago and just last night i noticed that when i recieved a message my message tone did not play so i went into my media player and noticed that my songs wernt playing either the song plays but i cant hear it same with when i put my phone on loud speaker....

HELP ME PLEASE..

Regular Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Storm No sound

I'm sure you have already checked to make sure the volume key has not been muted...if not check it.  Remove your battery for a couple of minutes and then reinstall.  Your Storm will automatically reboot when you re-install the battery.  Start your media player and the audio should work now.   

New Contributor

Still no luck any other ideas
New Contributor

OMG that happened to me... honestly i dont remember what i did - i shut it off turned it on then i messed around with all the sound settings like changed the rings changed it from vibrate to loud idk i messed with it so much then it finally worked i wish i could remember exactly what i did.... idk i havent touched my sound stuff since though not even changed a ring tone!
Contributor
My Device: BB Storm - v4.7.0.86

Battery Pull didn't work. Dang.

So its seems to me like the phone is not ringing, playing music, and the speakerphones not working.

Backup using the Desktop software, do a wipe handheld (deletes all your info) that may work. Upon reseting see if it work.

Do the restore on the Desktop software. 

If still not working you'll have to drop by your local VZW store or call into customer care. They usually require a wipe before doing a replacement. So if you just back everything up then call or go into a store you'll still have your stuff on your puter when they want to wipe it.

Ditto, try the mute button on the top right.  I had so many missed calls, now all is well. :smileyhappy: