Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
Doctorsnag
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Storm Web Based Software Upgrades

Just wait for the wireless update icon to be pushed to your Storm and upgrade wirelessly. Either that, or check back on the upgrade site after midnight tonight. Wired is quicker put wirelessly is just plain cool.

Contributor
mattixc

Okay, now I know I'm having a problem.  I just "Installed" the new update from Blackberry's site and it went through the steps and said I was already running the newest version.  I then checked on Options>About and it still says v4.7.0.65.  I even took out the battery and it didn't change.  What am I doing wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Contributor
mattixc

I downloaded it and it said I already had the newest version.  However both before and after install it says I have version 4.7.0.65.  What the hell am I doing wrong.  I can't seem to updates this **bleep** thing.  As you can see I'm a little angry.  I've had many smartphones in my life know how to follow instructions.  Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

New Contributor
TxLSU

New Contributor
tetonshaggy

Still cant answer phone with the actual button.  Have to use touch screen.

New Contributor
tetonshaggy

iestaban....How did .78 work out for you?
Contributor
dgenerx23

is there any difference between the verizon offical 4.0.75 and the leaked version?
Regular Contributor
cummingsjs

i just opened the BB Desktop Manager and clicked check for updates at 8:15 EST and the system completed what appeared to be a very significant update that took 10 minutes.  I have had my phone since the morning of 11/21 and I have done this previously and the phone was updated. 

My question is - where can I see what version of the upgrade was downloaded?  On the BB Storm I went into "Options" then into "Advanced Options" and clicked on 'Applications."  It shows on top line the following

BlackBerry 4.7 Core Applicaitons  4.7  However, I cannot transition over to the right far enough to see the file extension. I am curious is this the .78 release?   How can I verify.

thanks for the input and help

New Contributor
haredi
My Device: 9530 Storm

I have heard several of you discuss being able to sync the Storm with your Mac.  I downloaded the Blackberry desktop PocketMac, but even after the driver update, the USB does not recognize that the phone is plugged in to the computer.  I tried several USB locations, to no avail.  Suggestions?  
StormGal

Hi Stormers:

Just to let you know Wireless and Mobile News has discovered and published exactly what the Verizon 4.7.0.75 update fixes including the power-out problem, muted audio, loud headset volume, Bluetooth problems and portrait/landscape changes.

Verizon Over-the-Air updates are sceduled starting at 9:30 pm tonight, but may take a while.

A contributor after reading through the posts in  in several forums came up some suggestions to follow including a screenshot a user submitted.

It is tricky, isn't it?

Liz C.