Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
TrojanBerry
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Re: BlackBerry Storm Web Based Software Upgrades - now I have a 'syn' error message

Auburn - just curious.  Did you resolve your sound issue?
Please use plain text.
JTM
JTM
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Storm Web Based Software Upgrades

PocketMac 4.1 works well for me, but I had to make some adjustments per a tech bulletin on this site for it to recognize the Storm. Also, I only use it to sync contacts. Still need to update device software on a PC WITH IE, which is a pain.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alesbica

When I checked for updates on the Blackberry AND Verizon websites, both stated that I had the latest version when I don't. I still have OS v4.7.0.65 (Plataforma 4.0.0.82). I have the device manager on my computer already, but no updates were found! Please help!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
auburn1975
My Device: Storm 9530

TroganBerry,

I appreciate the help and I tried the BT config options as you suggeste. I was hopeful but had the same result.  I bet you are right on track that the interupt is a there in conflict with the option selection and not being tested well enough with the speed dial and the voice command function.  It a BUG I hope they will fix but my only option is to not us speed dialing cause I can't use this "brick" without Bluetooth.  We only have 9 seed numbers for selection while voice-dialing will give me all in my contact list....but speed dialing gives me 911 and my family in a hurry!!! ;o{  What ever happen to design reviews and test reviews before someone start coding and releasing software. Please someone hire me at BB.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mellison

.0.75 has been officially released and is available for download now.  Just did it.  Took 15 minutes.  Still doesn't deal with the constant rebooting issue after the screen goes into battery saver mode, for those of us with this issue.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TrojanBerry

Aww sorry it didn't work Auburn.  Well hopefully a fix will come out soon.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TrojanBerry

mellison - what do you mean by "officially"?  It's available OTA?  I just tried and got "no upgrades available".
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
auburn1975

To hold Verizon accountable for Version control and releases go here:

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/ 

for your rev/upgraded software

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mellison

I went to the first posting on this thread and clicked the update link.  Plugged in my USB cable and connected my device.  Then clicked updates and after the pin came up and I synched the unit, it showed both .0.65 and .0.75 as options.  Selected the second and went on from there.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
auburn1975

Just wanted to share some good news.  I just talked with Verizon tech support at *611 about my Bluetooth Bug, my husband's Storm rebooting itself even after the upgrade, and about my syn problem after the upgrade. 

The results are: 1) that RIM is very aware of the BT Bug and it is coming in the next release after .75 planned with some "others" in December...good news for sure though I do not know what all they are....2) my husdand's Storm but not mine is being replaced by Dec. 15th (tonight is the 3rd) because they are limited, and somehow the syn config table in DM 4.7 changed and he walked be to where it is located within DM Syn Section; so I can find it next time...now I know and if it happen to you, let me know.  So all well that ends well...;o) in time!

Please use plain text.