Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Storm - unknown icon

[ Edited ]

I've only ha dthe pleasure of my Storm for 5 days now and am finding it relatively easy to work my way around.  Unfortunately a screen icon has appeared and I haven't got a clue what it means!  In the centre of the screen at the top underneath the date line a yellow globe icon has appeared with the number 1 next to it on it's left side.  The globe lookis like a browser icon but I have gone through the browser selection, application selections and e-mail selections and can find nothing.  If I have a new e-mail/SMS/MMS an envelope appears and the selection button has a red start appear in the corner to further notify me that something new has come in but there is nothing to say what this globe is for, nor can I find any reference to it in the manuals.  Can anybody tell me what it is for?  Many thanks

p.s.  Does anyone know when we're going to get applications/games/themes etc that are available for this phone?  Plenty for the others but nothing for the storm so far!

Cheers, Mark

EDIT: Split from another thread and changed title

Message Edited by Andy on 01-28-2009 10:07 AM
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: VzW

Re: BlackBerry Storm - unknown icon

[ Edited ]

I know a globe icon with a 1 next to it is a saved webpage. Also, if you try and acess a site were there is no coverage you can get in to automatically download the page once your enter a area with data coverage to view later.

It will go away after checking your messages folder and open the notification (i think)

Message Edited by RedBank on 01-28-2009 12:45 PM
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm - 9530

Sparky572,

Haven't looked today, but as of yesterday, Plazmic (a division of RIM) still hasn't released the tools for makeing the Themes.  I think there may be a way to hand generate a theme, but who want's to do that?  On the Programing side, going to use weatherbug as an example as I think they have a few staff programers.  They just came out with Storm app a few weeks ago, so I think for smaller developer groups were still going to be in a bit of a wait mode.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi sparky572 and welcome to the forums!

Go to the messages queue, menu key, view folder.

Look in each folder including WAP push and browser.

This will allow you to find the message.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi bifocals, thanks buddy, you were spot on with the problem.  I had a browser message waiting and now the little globe has gone! 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Cool!

I'm glad you have it fixed.
Please resolve the thread so others can find your answer faster.
Thanks,

Bifocals
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Small, yellow globe appears on main screen, with a number next to it. 

Press and start your messages icon

Press Blackberry Menu button

Find and press "Browser Messages" in the list of folders shown.

There, you should find the number of messages indicated next to the yellow globe icon appearing on your main screen.