Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

AmberR
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: MTS

Blackberry Bold - Serious Issues

This is my complaint to Blackberry.  My husband and I purchased Blackberry Bolds about a month ago and have had lots of grief in this first month.  My husband's phone battery dies at the end of every day and needs to be charged.  Seriously?  The battery only lasts a day?  Then, I was going to a youth conference for a weekend and decided to put a password protect on my phone, in case it got lost.  My password worked for all of about 12 hours before it stopped recognizing my password.  After 9 attempts of entering my password, it told me if I entered it "incorrectly" one more time, it would wipe all my data.  Obviously I didn't want that so I waited till I was home (was without my phone for 3 days) only to be told my contacts, appointments and all other info on my phone could NOT be saved and it would have to be reset.  For someone who has over 100 contacts and 6 months worth of appointments saved in her phone, this is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!  The guy at MTS that helped me said he'd never seen this before and that there was no way to save any of the info, but of course, was 'kind enough', to point out after the fact that there is backup software... really?  Shouldn't this be something that you tell first-time Blackberry users upon purchase??

Blackberry, you have disappointed me beyond belief.  iPhone will definitely be getting my business as soon as my contract is up with this terrible phone.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold - Serious Issues

[ Edited ]

:smileysad:

Do you need assistance from us, volunteers, unpaid non-RIM employees?

AmberR wrote:

there is backup software... really?  Shouldn't this be something that you tell first-time Blackberry users upon purchase??

Yes, it is recommended in your user guide that you use the Desktop Software to back up your device.

Likewise, if you installed BlackBerry Protect, it would have backed up your contacts, calendar, memos, tasks, SMS, messages, etc., You shoud have that to restore from if you want. Or see if your iPhone can download it. Not.

Do you need help now? From what you stated, doesn't sound like a big deal to get you back to where you were.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sith_Apprentice
My Device: various
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Bold - Serious Issues

All phones depend on use, coverage area, and signal strength. Lasting a full day is fairly the norm for most 3G devices these days. That being said, its likely your password was typed incorrectly or changed during the course of your time with it. The device has built in security, something that needs to be understood and worked with, not try to get around. Your device will wipe when you enter the password incorrectly again. If you have had the device for a month, but have 6 months of appointments, you had to have a source for that information. You can likely restore from there once the device has wiped. Taking backups of any device is crucial in the case of a system failure (hardware or software), but on the BlackBerry there is added protection of security that you need to be aware of. This is not RIM's fault, or the fault of the BlackBerry device.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
Please use plain text.