Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: 9550 Storm
My Carrier: Digicel

Blackberry Locked To Verizon network

Hi,

I have tried calling Verizon & Blackberry directly to get the blackberry pin released from their network to no avail. Does anyone know who to contact to get a blackberry pin released from a Blackberry Enterprise Server, when I do not have the information for the server. & yes this phone was purchased on eBay. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Locked To Verizon network

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unless VZW or BB is providing you with BES service, then neither can release it...and I am 100% sure that BB does not provide BES, and I do not think that VZW does either. Hence, contacting either of them is useless to the problem as you have stated it. Rather, you have to find the admin of the BES to which you are attached and get them to release your BB from their system. It may well be that the eBay seller has sold you a device that can never be used at all...as with all things, buyer beware.

There is also this important information:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

And, finally, given your actual description, I find myself wondering if your problem is actually as you state it, or if perhaps the real problem is something completely different than as you have stated it. Can you perhaps provide the actual description of your symptoms? Exactly the steps you attempt and exactly the results of those steps may well reveal that your issue is not as it appears to you...

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for your response. I contacted Verizon first & they said it was not locked to them. Then I called Blackberry & they said it was locked to Verizon. I called Verizon again & they finally admitted tha it was tied to a business account prior. They said I had to call Blackberry. Finally I found out from Verizon that if I could get the SRP code & Subscription code they could release it from Verizon. I contacted the seller to try & get this information, but he can not locate it. The first problem I noted was that it was recognized by my BIS provider (Digicel Cayman). I tried to send the sevice books, but nothing came thru. I called their tech support & they could not do anything. I tried a factory reset & nothing changed. I noticed a number showing up each time, which I gave to Verizion & they located the old account, but said it was not active on their network. I was wondering also if you know where I could get all the settings to enter after using the ##000000 code to try & pull the information from Digicel Cayman, as everytime it is factory reset a message shows up from Verizon. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Hall of Famer II

jah_spider wrote:

Then I called Blackberry

That is a bit amazing...BB provides zero front line support for free...only via escalation from authorized entities (carriers, resellers, service centers, etc.) can such an action be taken. Quite curious indeed, but I will take you at your words.

jah_spider wrote:

I called Verizon again & they finally admitted tha it was tied to a business account prior. They said I had to call Blackberry.

Still curious, since BB provides no such business accounts...consequently, they can't do anything about it. All services are a contractual matter between the carrier and the end user...not between BB and the end user. Very curious indeed.

jah_spider wrote:

Finally I found out from Verizon that if I could get the SRP code & Subscription code they could release it from Verizon. I contacted the seller to try & get this information, but he can not locate it.

And here is the root of your problem. If the seller represented to you that the device was able to be used on any compatible carrier network, then they misrepresented it to you and your sale transaction should be voided. That is the proper remedy to your situation...not attempting to bypass the very protections that give BBs the highest security ratings on the market.

I recommend you do that...contact the seller and void the transaction, return the device to them, and get your money back. Then buy again from a more reputable dealer.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I was able to get the information from RIM, by talking to a rep from the shop Blackberry support & they assisted me after I explained Verizon was giving me the run around.
Hall of Famer II

Ahhh...OK...then I'd suggest you continue working with them, for they have access to things that other users here in this forum cannot see.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Jah_Spider, I have a similar problem.  My BB is my own phone.  I used it for 2 years on Verizon, and then upgraded to another phone.  Now I am trying to use this phone on Proximus (european company) and it will not let me use the data part of my service with proximus.  "Wiped" it and I still get my phone # (which I still have on another phone) with Verizon, and I get the "Welcome to Verizon" email each time.  Did you solve the problem?  And how did you do it?  I talked to Verizon yesterday and the technical support guy seemed to think the "wipe" would take care of everything.  Is there something I need to specifically ask for?  BTW, the phone was unlocked while Iwas still using it with Verizon.  I was always able to get voice and text when I travelled abroad, but was told that the service for internet was tied to Verizon until I upgraded.  I have upgraded now, but the phone still seems to belong to Verizon...I would be very interested to know if you have solved this, how you did it.  Thanks!!