Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
Thatsrightdamoo
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Media Player Disappeared

Alright Folks, I looked long and hard for this topic, so if it already exists, please just point me in the right direction. My Blackberry Media Player seems to have disappeared. When I select the media folder, all that appears is Videos, Pictures, Ring Tones, Voice Notes, Video Camera and Voice Notes Recordings. . . . I am missing the most important of all which is music?

In order for me to play music I have to browse my files and find the songs. . . . I can't play them through any player. So I assume I deleted it on accident. Any idea where I can redownload this media player?!?!?!

Thanks

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Media Player Disappeared

Thatsrightdamoo wrote:

In order for me to play music I have to browse my files and find the songs. . . . I can't play them through any player. 

You can or cannot play a music file when you do the above?
If you can, then you have not deleted your music player.
In some OS versions, the "Music" icon will appear separate from and not IN the Media Player.
Look around your homescreen, Applications folder, etc., and see if you find the Music icon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Thatsrightdamoo
My Device: Not Specified

OK. Great! That advice helped. I turned 'Hide' off, and sure enough, the music icon was chilling on my home screen. Now I moved it and unhid it and placed it back in the media folder. And to answer your question yes it does play fine, I just couldnt get to the music browser without looking through my memory card files. . . now that I found the icon, I can browse like I used too....

But, my follow up question is. . . is there any documentation about this media player program? Ie, how to cue up songs without interrupting the last, or browse through the songs, or even generally, just how to use it?!?! I know something like a media player seems simple enough to use, but it seems really clunky for a music player these days and I gotta be missing some of the features.

Thanks.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You might check out the documention in the user manual...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--docsbl...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
arankin100
My Device: blackberry curve

hi, im having the same problem. I recently updated the software on the device and now have no media at all. cant find it anywhere on the phone.

i cant get acess to images, music or videos. any ideas?