Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Matthusuk
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Storm 9500 - which memory card?

Hi all - I'm very confused... I want to get a 16 GB memory card for my new storm... BUT

Do I need to buy a 'Micro SDHC memory card'... or a 'SDHC memory card'... as, form what I can tell, the two are different things... (they certainly look different) with the latter being about half the price of the former... no-where I've looked (obvious or otherwise) tells me EXACTLY which one I need... :-/

I want to make sure I buy the right one!... so to hear from anyone thats actually gotten a memory card for a storm and can tell which one it was and that it works... would be great!

Cheers! :-)

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Storm 9500 - which memory card?

You most definitely want a microSDHC card.  Cellphones typically use microSD (or microSDHC) cards while cameras use the SD (or SDHC) cards.  A SDHC card simply will not fit in your phone (it's far too big).

I've also been using SanDisk Class 6 microSDHC cards with my Storm and they've been great.  While I've only used 8GB cards, I know of one other person who got a 16GB microSD card and he's been very happy with it.

I hope that helps!  Feel free to ask any other questions you might have! :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Matthusuk
My Device: Not Specified

Excellent! Just the information I needed to know!

Thanks! :-D

TomTom31
My Device: Storm 2

Hi there.

Does it matter what class the card is?

Thanks for your help.

Contributor
Colton
My Device: 9550

The Class is the read-write speed.  Class 6 is fastest, Class 2 slowest.  Class 6 is also more expensive.  I use Class 6, but in reality all should be fine.  I'd recommend Class 4 or 6 - with newer electronics, faster is always better.