Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
kimba
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Storm - Blackberry Smartphone recognised but no mass storage support

Hi,

I have seen multiple posts on this and tried every conceivable option to get it sorted, but hopefully there is some new insight from someone!

I have 2 Blackberry Storm devices (mine and a colleagues). My device, when plugged into the USB gives me the Blackberry Smartphone discovered under USB Controllers, along with the USB Composite Device and the USB Mass Storage, and I can access both internal storage and the media card through explorer. My colleagues only displays the Blackberry Smartphone and I cannot access the internal memory or the SD.

I have run through the other posts and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DM, just installing the USB drivers, on 3 different computers. I have removed the user from the BES and re-added them. Wiped the device back to defaults. Updated to the latest OS and every combination of the above.

I have also spoken to the provider (Vodafone Australia) and they can't work out why this is happening, and I have even had the device replaced with a new device through the provider and still I have the same issue on a brand new device out of the box.

The only difference is that my device was one of the first that came out, and this other device was purchased around 3 months later. Other than that, they are identical.

Any ideas on what to try, or why this is happening would be appreciated! (although I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it just wont ever work!)

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k3man

Re: Blackberry Storm - Blackberry Smartphone recognised but no mass storage support

[ Edited ]

Well, since you didn't mention settings...

Be sure to match your colleague's settings, particularly the settings in Options->Memory.

For my Mac, I need the following settings to enable both syncing and to allow my Mac to see the Storm's memory card as a removable storage device:

Media Card Support:  On

Encryption Mode: None

Media Transfer Protocol (MTP): Off

Mass Storage Mode Support:  On

Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected:  Yes

Edited for spelling.

Message Edited by k3man on 07-21-2009 09:43 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kimba

Re: Blackberry Storm - Blackberry Smartphone recognised but no mass storage support

Aplogies for not mentioning settings, but I have already checked and made sure that all the settings are identical on both devices. Through the Vodafone Blackberry support we have tried disabling and reenabling media card support, Mass Storage Mode Support, and changing Auto enable from no to yes to prompt, and all the variants of the above.

The memory config does dispaly the device and media card memory correctly and I can move the media card to the working device and it is browsable in explorer so no issues with the card.

Believe me, we have tried every combination possible, but still no mass storage mode support.

Please use plain text.