Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530; Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Blackberry Storm not recognized by both of my PCs. (USB connection)

Greetings, everyone.

I am having some very irritating issues with connecting my Blackberry Storm to my HP laptop and custom built PC. Both computers are running Win 7. Both computers have Blackberry Desktop Manager on them. Both computer's USB ports are fully functional, been tested by other devices including my old Blackberry Curve 8330. Mass storage mode is on. 

Here is what is happening: Nothing. 

When I plug in the micro USB into the Storm and the USB into the laptop/pc, nothing happens on the computer end. No notification that a USB device has been plugged in, no device connected in BBDM. The Storm, however, goes into charging mode. So the USB port works on the phone, because it charges, but NOTHING happens on the computer, no "ding" sound plays like when other USB devices connect, no window activity, nothing.

Here is what I've tried:

A battery pull.

Restarting the computers.

Putting Mass Storage on Auto-Detect.

Using an older verson of DM, then reinstalled the one I got from Verizon Wireless' website. 

Downloaded drivers for BB Storm (I may not have done this correctly, as I am not sure which ones to download)

The USB cable I'm using is a "universal" one, with the cord itself being a mini-usb connector, with a micro-usb adapter, that I just bought from Best Buy today. Like I said before, the phone does go into charge mode when this is connected, so the cord itself should be fine. 

I'm really baffled on this. I've searched the internet over and over, and found nothing. If anyone has ANY idea on what to do, please let me know. And if no one has any idea, can I be pointed in the right direction on contacting someone that does? I really need to be able to connect my Storm to my laptop for tethering purposes. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530; Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blackberry Storm not recognized by both of my PCs. (USB connection)

Bump. I need help!

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: t_Mobile

I am having the same problem with my new Bold 9700.  I want to download an audio book and BB is not recognized by my computer.  However, I have resync'd my applications with the device manager and backed up the device...so obviously it is connected.

Mary

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

reap3rx wrote:

When I plug in the micro USB into the Storm and the USB into the laptop/pc, nothing happens on the computer end.

Please read the two following articles from the public knowledge base:

• KB02640 Troubleshooting BlackBerry Desktop Manager USB connections
  • KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: