Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry identity installation failed please try again later error 80002-model storm 2 / 9520

[ Edited ]

Hi ipohsam

I must say you had a lot of issues, but its all because you can't access web  via Wi-Fi .Have you set DATA services to OFF or ON  if you set your data service to OFF you will get no data through WI-Fi. So please check that On your HomeScreen > Manage Connection > Mobile Network > Data Services > turn it  ON   then save.Then check if your Browser works .

The most recent version of App world  i;e 4.0.0.55 one you had installed on your device require the latest version of BlackBerry ID software and as you are unable to download or update so you are getting that error 80002 .And to recover from this error you need to locate and Connect to Wi -Fi Hotshot .Look at this KB and you had to follow the workarounds for this error : 

KB29613 : The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World.

Also go through this Article if you use your PC to download any apps from app world, as you getting the message that  BlackBerry App World plug-in is missing Go through KB regarding that error

KB31325 : How to install or Update  the BlackBerry App World Application using a computer system.

If above process Fails then I think you can try one option : Clean Reload your Device Software but don't Restore any Applications from your backup start fresh use selective restore i;e only Contacts or Calander entries nothing more But before performing this step do a Complete Backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software .Look at this Article on how to perform a Clean Reload of device software :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

I hope your problem resolves.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
ipohsam
My Device: storm2 9520

Re: Blackberry identity installation failed please try again later error 80002-model storm 2 / 9520

hello prince

before i'm going through to factory default setting.i have a question to ask,does it any related data charge need to retrive from my wirelees network provider ?because i also had this disable for preventing unusage charged.i spoke with my service provider and they told me nothing to do with the BIS i disconnected.they say i still be able to connect on wi-fi network coverage.i think is the device sofware issue.other than that i could'nt figure out anything else.maybe i shuld send it back to the manufactuary for repair...????

hope to hear it soon from you.have a nice day.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi ipohsam

So the problem is there you had turned off your DATA Services ! See if you turn off your data services how can those data enter your BlackBerry device. And also as you said you don't want to get charged from your Carrier ,For that you try a few things like When using Wi-Fi change your default Browser to HotSpot Browser and turn off your Mobile Network .

• Option   > Advanced Options   >  Browser  >   Default browser configuration > Select Hotspot Browser.
  • On Manage Connection > Turn off your Mobile Network . 

In this way you will not use your Carrier Data but data through wi-fi and will not get charged as per as I know.But you had to Turn on your Data Services.But while doing so you will not able to make or recieve any call or text message. Because this is the only way to use wi- fi if you want to make sure that you are not using Carrier data services. 

So no need to send your device for any repair I don't think there is any fault on your device but the fault is within your setting. To make sure if you are getting charged run it for a few days and then check your uses with your carrier to see if they charge you. 

And yes performing  a Clean reloading of device OS is much better then a wiping our Deviec and it different from factory default setting .Wiping just delete all applications and data within your device but performing a clean reload our device OS is much different  it removes the Applications as well as Reloads the OS cleanly.When our device reponds slow or sluggish or to remove any error Reloading our device Software really helps.

Finally  use the wi-fi with above setting and update your BlackBerry ID to recover from this error , after that if you feel any problem you can Reload your Device Software.

Try it and let us know of your progress.

Prince

Contributor
ipohsam

hi prince
there is another problem.i had follow all your instruction it came out the same result no good .when i use the wi-fi to browse the web page ,it shutdown the device instantly and i can see some of the word appeares page fault and it went reset the device.so is this the hardware problem or software...???
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Hi ipohsam

It should have worked if not working then please Relaod your device software to rule out any software issue.Also do it as suggested on my previous posts. please try it and see if that helps.

Edit : Before that perform a battery pull restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait for a min . then re-insert the battery back wait till it takes a long reboot.then have a try .

Prince

Contributor
ipohsam

dear prince

here we go again.the wi-fi connection is not have check on the manage wi-fi connection,it only appears as a no entry sign like this ( - ) but i have the active wi-fi profile name display on top on the home screen say is connected.but when i check on the DNS look up.it showe me network acquire.which mean i can not lanuch the internet at all.no matter how hard i try is useless.so could you please tell me what should i do.give up or send it back for repair?????

Elite II
prince2012

Hi ipohsam

I know you are having a lots of troubles as all routes are closing.Have try Clean reload .Before giving up lets run a Wi Fi Diagnostic test : KB13299 Use the Wi-Fi Diagnostics tool .

In addition some good tips here

1-How to connect to a Wi-Fi network using a BlackBerry smartphone .

2-KB13368 Services over a Wi-Fi connection.

If all fails then yes its time to Contact your Service provider as they can personally assist you to resolve your problem.

Prince

Contributor
ipohsam

hi prince

thank you for assist me to resolve all my issue.blackberry had such a lot issue on storm series.i think ihad to send it for repair or stop using blackberry product.had enough of this problem.thank you so much for hepling me out with your presious time.you will not see me again.good bye for now.have a nice day.

Elite II
prince2012

Dear ipohsam

I am really Sorry if I am unable to provide any solution to your problem ! But I am sure it doesn't mean that you had a defective device as you are using your device properly when you had a BIS on your account ,I suggested to contact your service provider in the sense that if you are having problem in using Wi-Fi on your device they can physically go through your device and  properly guide you regarding what need to be done or if you are lacking something.

I also hope someone within this Community Forums or any Storm user to guide you properly if I am missing something so that you can enjoy your device properly.

So  I wish you will resolve your problem quickly and post back with  positive result. 

Good Luck.

Prince

Contributor
ipohsam

dear prince

i had found out the solution about my device.remember i told you ealier that i had my BIS plan disconnected.it's all about the data issue.because i told them to disable the data of the GPRS ,cause i had been charghed by not using it which is very unfair to me.this is how it start.so i have to something else to save myself for the lost.i determinate the service and get a new sim card.start a new service plan.reload all new OS files on my device.guest what ?the device up and running smoothly again ,like a new borne baby.very happy now.

but i still have another issue on the blackberry app world storefront page.i can log in on the blackberry appworld with the device connected on my laptop.but i keep having this message say please connect your device or please install the web browser plug in,which is i already had installed on my laptop.unable to sync a single item file at all.....any good advice on that......please.

thanks again prince,i would say my problem solve within your next reply.......i guest.have a nice day prince.