If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
sivarajan
My Device: blackberry storm 9500
My Carrier: vodafone

Blackberry storm 9500

I want the software for the blackberry storm 9500 smartphone. I purchased it in USA and now I am using in India -mumbai. i am using Loop card so kindly help me on this

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry storm 9500

Hello,

All officially released OS packages are available via the official download portal:

Given that it is sorted by carrier (since it is they who are responsible for release to end users), you will have to do some digging to figure out which carriers support your model BB along with what versions they support. Then choose one and use the proper "trick" (deleting VENDOR.XML) to install it to your BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sivarajan

but the problem is that loop mobile does not show blackberry storm 9500 option so which option to use i m confused so pls let me know the same

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are not limited to using only an OS package from Loop. You are free, as long as you use the proper tricks, to use an OS package from any carrier, as long as it is for your exact same model number BB. But, the download portal is sorted by carrier, not BB model...so you must dig for those carriers that support your model and then for what OS levels they support...and choose from among them.

But...if Loop does not natively support your model on their network, then you indeed may have even more difficulties ahead...see this:

Any BB can be used on any carrier that runs the same radio frequencies that the BB is capable of (and I've no idea if your's are such). But, to bring a BB onto a carrier network that they did not sell to you, there are several hurdles to cross:

1) The carrier must say "yes" to the fact...they own their network and have every right to say what devices will be allowed to connect to it. If they say "no", then that's the end of it.

2) You must be sure that your BB is properly unlocked from it's originally manufactured-for carrier...see this helpful thread for details:

3) You must get all of your voice level services functioning on the carrier, before you even try anything about data

4) You must subscribe, from the carrier, to an adequate data plan to enable the BB-proprietary services you desire

5a) If the carrier directly supports your specific model BB, then you can proceed with registering the BB onto their network, generating the proper Service Book delivery to your BB, and proceeding to function.

5b) But, if the carrier does not directly support your specific model number of BB, then the challenges are much greater as most carrier systems will not deliver, to the BB, the necessary service books to enable the BB-proprietary data services, even if you do subscribe to them.

So, depending on all of that, your BB may or may not ever fully function on that carrier network. It can be quite tricky to accomplish, especially if 5b applies. So take a look at all of that and decide how you wish to proceed. Most folks wind up just buying a new BB if 5b applies.

OK, so with that, if you still wish to proceed, here is the complete process for loading any OS onto your BB, regardless of carrier from which you obtained the OS package:

From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sivarajan

regarding data recovery and touch pad problem

hi, thanks for the message actually i m using blackberry 9500 and for the touchscreen there is problem and also while calling i could not call from call button as it doesn't work sometimes.

and while transferring files from bb to computer but that got deleted from mobile and it doesn't saved in my computer also and there were 700 phots which got deleted so how to retrieve them pls help me for that

thanks and regards 

sivarajan

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: regarding data recovery and touch pad problem

I'm confused. The original issue you reported above is resolved? And you now want to move to something else? If so, please tell us that the original is resolved...one thing at at time please.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Haroonkhalid
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Warid

It's your carrier problem
========================================================
If you find my solution helpful then go to options and mark solved
Or you can just click the thumbs up button .
Follow me on twitter :
@haroonkhalid111
Thanks ,
Regards
Haroonkhalid
Please use plain text.