Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

sim
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blank Screen

Hi My BB has a blank screen no matter how many times I pull the battery. All the hard buttons appear to operate as i can hear them & my emails & messages arrive as normal but I cant read them as i cant see the touchscreen to press the correct keys.

I have tried all the tricks I know & make sure the phone lock is not on...please any solutions.

Many thanks !!

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blank Screen

[ Edited ]

blank as in 'black'  or as in 'white'?

So, the device is up and running, just no screen.

For now, do wWith the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Report back, please.

Message Edited by JSanders on 03-06-2009 01:45 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

sim wrote:

Hi My BB has a blank screen no matter how many times I pull the battery. All the hard buttons appear to operate as i can hear them & my emails & messages arrive as normal but I cant read them as i cant see the touchscreen to press the correct keys.

I have tried all the tricks I know & make sure the phone lock is not on...please any solutions.

Many thanks !!

You also need to wait a long long time for the reboot process. It will feel like it's doing nothing. It can take as long as 10 minutes. But, if the device remains truly blank, then you need to take it in to your place of purchase for warranty evaluation.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
sim
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

The screen is black with the hard buttons illuminated.

I had tried removing the battery many times previously & still when the phone powered back up i got the black screen. 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Sounds to me like you have a faulty screen (or faulty connection).  This is a hardware issue and nothing we're going to be able to help with over the forums (unfortunately).  Contact your carrier for assistance, and they will more than likely simply issue a replacement.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Developer

Re: Blank Screenblackberry storm

I suggest you try to press   left side button <not smooth>              then get battery out and in.

New Contributor

i just posted something about this because i am suffering from the same problem. i do a battery pull about 3 times a day but my problem still persists....i guess i have to take it to the store Smiley Sad
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Voafone

I have the same problem, am from UK and i went to Vodafone and they advised that my warranty has expired and they were just not interested in my problem. I am not sure what the problem could be...i can see the screen if i hold the tightly with two hands at the bottom end of both sides of the phone...but as soon as i release it, it goes blank again!!

New Contributor
My Device: 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

it seems the same problem i have got. My screen was black but i can see the backlight. I could connect my phone when i called my number with fixed line, and i can get my messages received when i send some from others. What 's the explaination from RIM ? is this a failure caused by designination? or just occasionally happened problem?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

konososs wrote:

What 's the explaination from RIM ?

Hello,

Just to make sure you understand fully -- these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see and respond to anything here. Front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers and authorized resellers are responsible for front line formal support to end users. It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from RIM, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support agreement with your carrier. The "Support and Services" tab toward the top of these forum pages provide information about that. But, if you do go through your carrier for support, they can escalate into RIM at no fee to you if they so choose to.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates