Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
DuncF
My Device: Storm 2
Accepted Solution

Bluethooth drivers for 9530 and Vista Ultimate?

When I try to pair my Storm to my Vista win machine I get an error message asking for the Bluetooth driver for the phone.

I have tried the install disk that came with the phone but it was not found there.  I have not found it on the RIM site ether

Any suggestions out there??

Dunc

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bluethooth drivers for 9530 and Vista Ultimate?

Hey Dunc, I get this error message too, but have simply chosen to ignore it and chosen not to let Vista attempt to install the driver.  Once I've closed off all the messages, I have no problems connecting via Bluetooth.  Note that you can't install applications and the such via Bluetooth, but you can sync and backup and restore via Bluetooth.  I wouldn't recommend transferring large files via Bluetooth as this is slow.

Let me know if that doesn't work for some reason.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Garrettini
My Device: Storm 9530

I hooked mine up last night to Vista Home Premium... same pop-ups asking for drivers.  Just click the "Don't ask me again" option.  The pop-ups will stop and it should connect to the PC just fine.  I echo what Krypto said about transferring large files... it is sooooo slow via Bluetooth.  I honestly don't see the benefit of connecting to a PC via Bluetooth versus USB.  Unless the USB cable has been misplaced.  I guess it is kinda cool, though, that I can play the music on my Storm through the speakers on my PC. 
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DuncF
My Device: Storm 2

Thanks gang!

Dunc

Please use plain text.