Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth Synchronization Problem

I'd like to synchronize my Storm 9500 with my Asus laptop which has a built in Bluetooth Adapter.  Unfortunately the BT adapter on my laptop uses Toshiba stack software and I think this is why my Blackberry Desktop software does not allow me to enable Bluetooth synchronization. (there are various help documents that state the stack software must be Windows XP).

Does anyone know how to force the Blackberry Desktop to recognise the current adapter software or can someone tell me how to install Windows XP Bluetooth Driver software to control my BT adapter?

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: Bluetooth Synchronization Problem

DTM 5.0 has better bluetooth support, you can try that. If not there is a driver file you can install. It forces your bluetooth to use the generic windows stack instead of the Toshiba ones. It ONLY works in XP SP2/3

http://www.vinsvision.com/Downloads/tabid/57/Default.aspx

T the bottom: Additional Bluetooth drivers

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I was already using DTM 5.0 but it still demands Win XP Bluetooth stack.  Your helpful link to the vinsvision site did the trick though and the whole process was fairly simple in the end - thanks!

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: BlcakBerry Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm running DTM 6 and Windows 7. I can't discover my Storm 2, nor the computer from the Storm. I get a notice that drivers are not installed and searches for a solution and comes back with nada. Would uninstall of DTM 6 and reinstall DTM 5 be a solution? Canadian, eh?