Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
gaelfury
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth connections

Hi all,

Have bought and fitted an Alpine hands free /stereo/mp3 player to my jeep. Hands free element is via Bluetooth. On first launch of teh new kit I turned on Bluetooth in the phone and was connected and able to use in 30 secs or less. 

I turn off the car and go back inside happy that I have sucessfully created teh connection, saved it as an automatic connection and that it should, at least in theory work to keep me from getting points on my licence from something other than speeding.

Two hours later I re-enter the car and low and behold my least favoruite acquisition in the last 5 years - you guessed it the Blackberry Storm - shows the hands free connection but is not connecting. I try resetting the Alpine kit. I reset the Storm. I reset both. No avail. As a control I take out my wife's nokia, my old nokia and my old (and it is fair to say nearly wrecked from use) Pearl. All three connnect in 30 seconds or less. All 3 connect again when either they or the car igniation is swiitched off inside 20 seconds - what is supposed to happen.

Thus it is fair to conculde that the Storm, not the Alpine kit is at fault. Each time I search for devices, the Alpine shows up. I then type in the pass code as for teh other phones. It then says unable to connect to device.

If anyone can fathom what this wonderful, well thought out and packed with common sense BoS is doing and help me iit would be much apprecaited. I have faith - the greast people (and I am not being sarcastic this time) of this forum have already helped twice to lower my blood pressure.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Bluetooth connections

Did you try to delete the Alpine pairing, reboot and the re-pair the storm?

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gaelfury
My Device: Not Specified

yes and variations thereof.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kadi
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Swisscom

I just underpin your describtion. Even 10 months later the issue has not been solved and it is the same with my car kit. Poor RIM.... :-(

Please use plain text.
SteveMedlin
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi, It sounds as though I should consider myself lucky that I am able to pair the Storm with my 06 Acura TL. My only problem is that I must remember to say ok on the storm when ever re entering the car. This step has always been invisible with other phones. I love this device so much I can live with this situation if there is no cure.. Steve
Please use plain text.
Contributor
guitarguy
My Device: storm2 9550
My Carrier: verizon wireless

try this.

options>bluetooth>click on device>open device properties, make sure connect audio is checked.

I think there are 3 options for bluetooth, handset, headset, and audio. you can also check under manage connections, click on bluetooth options, all 3 should options should have an x or check mark if they are active. also make sure bluetooth is turned on there also

Hope this helps

Please use plain text.