Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

skoorc
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth driver software for Vista and Blackberry Storm

Hello

I am based in the UK.   I have happily installed Desktop manager and have my outlook syching via cable with my Storm. 

I have been trying to get this to work via Bluetooth. Unfortunatley I keep getting the error message 'Windows was unable to install your bluetooth peripheral device, Windows could not find the driver software for the device'. My storm and notebook still try to do the synch but error out after about 30 mins.

After a spot of googling I have found this problem metioned on this forum for Bold and Curve, but all the solutions mooted involve messing around with settings linked to US carriers, i'm on Vodafone Uk

Can you help me to get this working?

Thanks

Contributor
FMLYHM
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Bluetooth driver software for Vista and Blackberry Storm

I have the same problem. It is just the bluetooth driver. I'm on Verizon

Product
Driver software installation

Problem
Could not find driver software

Date
11/22/2008 11:10 AM

Status
Not Reported

Description
Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable.
 Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a download from its website.
The hardware ID of your device is BTHENUM\{426c6163-6b42-6572-7279-427970617373}_LOCALMFG&000f.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Architecture: x86
Hardware Id: BTHENUM\{426c6163-6b42-6572-7279-427970617373}_LOCALMFG&000f
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Contributor
pietermk

I am also a Verizon customer and the way I was able to fix it was by uninstalling the Verizon access software. this software would allow you to use the phone as a modem. the bluetooth drivers that come with it don't work well.

so uninstall and than pair it again and it should work

Contributor
FMLYHM
My Device: Storm 9530

I don't have Verizon access software on my PC  :smileyindifferent:
Visitor
Gosanke

I experienced the semilar problem with my Storm. After pairing my Storm with my laptop, I tried to do syncch to my Storm using Destop Manager. At first the Destop Manager initiated the synch to my Storm, and estbished the Bluetooth connection. But after a few seconds, a window popped up and said "Balckberry Destop Manager has stopped working", and prompted to check online for a solution.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB
My Device: BB Storm 9530 US Verizon BIS

I have an answer for you. Refer to another of my posts here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=4452 . That should explain the situation. But this is for syncing to deskop manager only. I have had no problems Bluetooth tethering my Storm to my laptop for internet access.

skoorc wrote:

Hello

I am based in the UK.   I have happily installed Desktop manager and have my outlook syching via cable with my Storm. 

I have been trying to get this to work via Bluetooth. Unfortunatley I keep getting the error message 'Windows was unable to install your bluetooth peripheral device, Windows could not find the driver software for the device'. My storm and notebook still try to do the synch but error out after about 30 mins.

After a spot of googling I have found this problem metioned on this forum for Bold and Curve, but all the solutions mooted involve messing around with settings linked to US carriers, i'm on Vodafone Uk

Can you help me to get this working?

Thanks

lawless1013

Yes, using the tether that comes with the BB does solve the problem, of syncing and the like, but for my laptop, it's just not handy to have to gather all kinds of extra cables.. I mean, I will if I have to, but my computer has bluetooth, my storm has bluetooth, the next logical step would be to have a driver to allow them to talk wirelessly. Until the problem is fixed, I suppose the only solution is to use the cable, just a slight bit unhandy that way = P
speedy88

what were your steps in connecting to the internet via the computer...i am with voda. i can't get the internet to work. i have installed all desktop manager, i still cant get connected. also for my bluetooth, i cant connect to the internet too.