Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
ak108139
My Device: Not Specified

Browser is Gone!?!? HELP!

[ Edited ]
I downloaded the desktop manager for my storm and updated all of the apps.  Now when i use the phone the browser feature is no where to be found. Also i cant seem to send picture messages. Does anyone know how i can get these features back?
Message Edited by ak108139 on 12-26-2008 05:31 PM
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Jamieinnh
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Re: Browser is Gone!?!? HELP!

What version are are running?   I have heard that .83 sometimes deletes apps.  They can be reinstalled if it did.   Also, did you look in the applications folder?   During one installation, I noticed it put my browser in there vers on the homepage.

Side Note:   When you get it installed or find it, you should look at Opera mini.  It's a browser I have been using and although it's not 100% set up for the Storm yet, it is much faster than the default browser.

Take care and Welcome to the Community!

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ak108139
My Device: Not Specified

I found that when i click the menu button and go to switch app browser is there and says "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Entries". I used the browser fine yesterday.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Jamieinnh
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

You shoud be able to fix this by requesting the service books again. 

Here is a link that should help.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02830&slic...

Good luck!

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
Please use plain text.