Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
dal553
My Device: 9530 Storm

Bug in calendar: detailed appointment view

I'm running with OS 4.7.0.86 on VZW.

I have an entry in my calendar with a large amount of text in the Notes/description area.  If I am in landscape mode, and if I scroll down so I can see the notes, the BB will:

1) Place the cursor even though I have not clicked the screen (seems to be normal behavior, though).

2) Depending on where the cursor ends up, the screen (often times) will be automatically repositioned so that the 1st or last visible line is the one where the cursor ended up.  (If the cursor is "above" the screen, the BB repositions itself so the cursor is on the 1st visible line.  If the cursor is "below" the screen, the BB repositions itself so the cursor is on the last visible line.)

* This behavior can be reproduced by moving the cursor off the screen and then by pressing the right convenience key (softly, not the entire way down).

** This behavior does not happen in portrait mode.

Does anyone else experience this behavior?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rredfox
My Device: Storm

Re: Bug in calendar: detailed appointment view

What do you have the "right convenience key" programmed to do?  On mine, it's brings up the still camera.

I've tried do duplicate the issue you're seeing (I'm running .85) and can't duplicate the problem.

I have my "left convenience key" setup to display/hide the keyboard - that's how I make it so I can see the details in appointments, or contacts for that matter, contacts...

Double check the "options" and make sure you don't have something unusual checked...

If I (or any other contributor) have helped you, Please click the "Kudos" button in the post(s) you find useful.

Thanks!

RR 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dal553
My Device: 9530 Storm

Re: Bug in calendar: detailed appointment view

I have the right convenience key programmed to the Application Switcher.  But I'm not pressing it down the whole way to actually activate the Application Switcher.  If you just press it slightly, it will illuminate the screen, and that's how I can reproduce the calendar issue.  (That key actually has two clicks, and I'm stopping at the first click.)

I haven't mapped either key to mess with the keyboard.  If I don't want to see the keyboard, I just slide my finger from top to bottom and the keyboard hides itself.

Please use plain text.