Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
cruxNC
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bugs experienced???

I just got off the phone.  They said the patch shoul dhave fixed it.  A battery pull did nothing.  This happened to me 18 times told... a bit maddening.  Anyway, they are sending me a new one.  I am relieved.  Unfortunately it is on backorder so I won't have it for a week or two.  Better than nothin'

Thanks for the help everyone!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sanjivp99
My Device: Verizon BB Strm 9530

Hi McGuffy:

Can you post a link to this .76 version.  Will it work for the VERIZON version of 9530??  So far I am having no major issues on the .75 ver except for the slow switching between portrait/landscape and the poor response to some clicks on the screen.  Can you also share what your settings are for the TAP, HOVER and SWIPE (under Options, screen).

Thx.

..sp
Thanks for clicking on KUDOS if this solved your problem!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kamorra2

I'm glad you're getting a new one CruxNC. I'm sure the replacement will be much better. Like I said, no problems since I got my new one.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kjohnsonintkee

You've already gotten many replies and hopefully they have eased your fears.  I personally, other than the intermittant portrait to landscape issue, which was resolved in the s/w update have found that all my initial complaints were user error.  One thing that helped was reprogramming the 2 programmable keys on the side of the phone.  At first I kept putting the phone in camera mode which drained the battery and things like that. 

I am not having any problems now, except for one which I think is a design issue rather than a problem unless I'm just a dope, which is entirely possible.  I am a long time PC user...but recently added a mac as my primary laptop.  I am frustrated by the way both the mac and the blackberry handles the delete key; a pc deletes the character to the right with the DEL key and to the left with the BKSpace key.  The DEL key on a blackberry and mac only act as a bkspace key. I am so used to this that not having the option is really hampering my spelling correcting ability, especially since I have big hands and trying to get the cursor to land exactly where I want within an email is difficult for me so I end up having to delete long lines and retyping them slowly. I am starting to get used to being able to zoom in and then place the cursor, but that is a pain.  I wish they had kept a rollerball on this phone...other than that I am liking the phone more and more as I get used to it and for me, having Verizon coverage is the most important feature.  Where I live, in the mountains of the Lake Tahoe area, only Verizon provides enough coverage.  AT&T just doesn't cut it here.

Please use plain text.
sheli

Hi all,

Anyone else had problems with an SD chip?  I had music files and then a sub-directory for pictures on an SD chip that I had in the Curve.  I popped it into the Storm and connected it to the PC to pull the files off so that I could copy them back to the new (bigger) chip that came with the phone.  Well it copied the music files just fine, but doesn't see the sub-directory "Pictures".  Verizon had no idea.

Other big annoying, potentially embarassing issue - when a call comes in, it displays the previous caller's info.  Any thoughts?

Biggest complaints are slowness in getting the keyboard to "light up" so I can press the screen (almost takes too long to type txt and email that I find myself choosing NOT to respond); rotation getting "stuck"; and latency.  Minor issue - I turned on Visual Voicemail and ever since I have an icon showing "2" voicemails - they were there when I turned on Visual Voicemail and even if I delete all messages from VV, it still shows up as an indicator/notice.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kjohnsonintkee

Whenever I think I have deleted everything and I still show messages, they are always text messages that tell me stuff like I missed a call or had a text.  Try looking at your sms messages and maybe ther are some leftover alerts there.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rredfox
My Device: Storm

NOTHING I had on my "Curve" SD worked on my "Storm".  I gave the SD to my wife for her phone and just started over on my 8G SD.  Fortunately, I had saved everything "important" and was able to restore it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
machinegun

Hi cruxNC

I've got exactly the same problem as you

It has been a week i changed from Pearl 8100 to Storm 9500 ( I never had to complain from the Pearl ! )

I'm in France, and I've already updated firmware into [V4.7.0.78 / platform version is 4.0.0.98] (instead of  firmware V4.7.0.65);

That resulted in a better fluidity for handling the device;

I have no third party applications installed on My Storm

Though that had no effects on the "random reset" or "random reboot" problem ... a pity

When you say "you push ANY button and nothing happens ..." 

Couldn't this also mean you are pushing (amongst other buttons) the (red) STOP BUTTON (since screen looks off) and this is why may be you get an effective shut down followed by a (re)start ... since you were still (re)touching blindly the (red) Stop Button ?

I tried to simulate those multi taps on red stop button while no problem , being on the NORMAL "living" multi-icon page :

that resulted in the same effects;

Any way  the accuracy of this possibility changes nothing in :

why and where has "gone the screen light"; whatever you touch !!!

Since this morning i activated the sound of the keyboard for better understanding the sensitivity of the pad and the touches ...

i'm still waiting for a random reboot ....and every time i thought "that's it" since all is dark !!!

I "heard" my SINGLE desperate tap on the screen, afterwhich ONE press on the "red button" brought back my still living page

All this is a bit funny .... :smileysurprised:

Spite the huge number of posts I've already read on this forum and elsewhere about this reboot problem ... there is STILL no clear communication at all from RIM on the subject

Hoping to find "somewhere" a solution from this issue

Keep cool guys

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
machinegun

To cruxNC and ... to myself  !

Here it came 

Random Reboot again spite smooth touche on the red "stop button"  ...

and here persisted the dark screen, and then arrived the upper red light ! ... followed after 2 minutes by the end of the invisible shutdown and the restart screen arrived ! and here you go for the SIM password .

forget the sound of the keyboard for a help ... it was a coincidence

How could you proffessionnaly use this crazy machine;

i.e. it could be in your pocket with or without its "protection wallet",

you think it's on ..

and in fact it's off  ..... since it rebooted

and is waiting for SIM password after finishing the boot .... Great !

The store i bought it from is ready for an immediate exchange; but i'd prefere to wait ...

since other Storm devices supplied in our firm are experiencing same , if not greater trouble

Any help is (still) really welcome...

bye

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cruxNC

I exchanged mine and have had NO problems since.  I am now quite happy!
Please use plain text.