Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

cherryhearts
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

Bugs with Blackberry Storm 9500 latest software version (5.0.0.451)

[ Edited ]

I've been having some reoccuring bugs which is really making using the phone frustrating!!

1. When I type in my password to unlock the phone "null pointer exception" error message is shown. I am able to use the phone however after clicking the OK button

2. Sometimes when I receive a new unread text it come up in the Inbox but I can't seem to open it no matter how many times I try and click it. I rebooted the phone and still had the same problem. The only way I managed to open them in the end is if I tried to send a new message to the person, and the whole text conversation appears, the unread message appearing at the bottom.

3. Whilst texting a reply but want to read the message I'm replying to, I click the message but it suddenly shows an older text either myself or that recepient sent earlier, and does not stay at the last part of the text I was viewing.

4. When I receive new texts when I click to go to the inbox it does not show the new texts. I have to actually scroll up to read them and aren't automatically shown, so I don't initially realise I have more than one new unread text!

Do any of you experience these problems? Please tell me I'm not the only one! I'd like to report these bugs but I'm new to the forum and I don't know how/who to report them to...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bugs with Blackberry Storm 9500 latest software version (5.0.0.451)

Hello cherryhearts,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

To do this we would need to back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Please open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and connect your BlackBerry smartphone. Click on the Backup and Restore button and select Back Up. Please note the location where the backup is being saved as we will need to access it later to restore the BlackBerry smartphone.

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Please test the BlackBerry smartphone before restoring the information.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Toadster
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Telus

I have had issues also...more to do with my speed dial numbers. After the update none of the speed dial numbers work and when I hold down the #3 key it asks me if I want to assign a speed dial to the #5 key.

I have done wipes of the memory. Had it in to my local Telus store and their chief tech has done master wipes. He can't figure it out. The only thing that has not been done involves a sledgehammer. Re-installing the 4.7 software makes the phone work properly again...buuuut...its response time is slow, which was a major disappointment when I bought the phone especially after my wife bought her Iphone.

I've re-installed the 5.0 software again and the same thing happens. This clearly seems to be a software problem and I tend to agree with the above poster that there are bugs in this update. Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
smilingrose
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Software

Thanks for sharing the useful information bro...

Please use plain text.