Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: CAN'T SEND A SMS FROM MY VERIZON BLACKBERRY 9530

You need to call your mobile provider and ask them to activate SMS on your account.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
come_Inside
My Device: BlackBerry

Ok. Tnx
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arai29
My Device: storm 9530

Hello,I have the same problem too,my bb was unlocked from verizon wireless so i used my Malaysia simcard,when I try to send sms to someone this message appear, "(sms error 0,message id 104)message expired by service" can anyone tell me what was that? many thank.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Check your Mobile Network > Network Technology and make sure you are set to GSM (not to CDMA or Global).

also this, although I do not think it will apply to you as the 9530 does not have OS6

Article ID: KB26097 Unable to send SMS text messages after upgrading a BlackBerry smartphone to BlackBerry 6

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arai29

thanks for the help,but it still not solve.i cant upgrade my phone to os6.one thing i noticed is my phone number (displayed on my bb desktop manager) is unknown number,which i assume is the old verizon number for this phone.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

OK. And that is why I said it may not apply to you.

What about my first suggestion?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arai29

the first one dose not help either,but i now have a bigger problem,i try to update my device thru bb desktop manager but something happen in the middle of the process.my device cannot connect to my pc,i disconnect the device and now,i cannot switch it on.it`s keep rebooting.try to restore it back using bb desktop manager,same problem.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

arai29 wrote:

the first one dose not help either,\

Well, it could have helped, if you gave an answer to what yours was set to... :smileywink:

• "Check your Mobile Network > Network Technology and make sure you are set to GSM (not to CDMA or Global)."

arai29 wrote:

but i now have a bigger problem,i try to update my device thru bb desktop manager but something happen in the middle of the process.my device cannot connect to my pc,i disconnect the device and now,i cannot switch it on.it`s keep rebooting.try to restore it back using bb desktop manager,same problem.

Do know what that "something" was that happend in the middle of the process? Any clue?

Try this: 

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.

BlackBerry Device Operating System downloads: http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-device-specific/
Just select the appropriate device model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

IF the above does not work or help, You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

Download JL_Cmder http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/18789-jl_cmder.html
or download BBSAK http://bbsak.org/download.php

If JL_Cmder does not work, you can try this:
KB10144, http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144
and this: KB20371 http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20371

Article ID: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144
KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arai29

my device is back again, thank pal.i try your first suggestion,but it`s not work for me.then i try your last suggestion,(connect my device without it`s battery) still cant fix it,i repeat the process and try to update my device with os4 and it`s work.although that means downgrade my device but now i can send sms again.and i just want to let u know that i never knew that my device can connect to pc without its battery if u not telling me,because my device keep rebooting again and again when connected to pc with it battery.so thank a lot for your help.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

I'm sorry.

The 9530 is such an old model, it's hard to support and make it work correctly, especially since it is also a Verizon device intended for USA use.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.