Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
NotePac
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Calendar Problems / Questions

Question #1.  Is your Gmail account set as your default in Default Services?

Question #2.  Do you have a Gmail account folder on your desktop?

If you your answer is no to Question #1. Then set it as default.

If you your answer is no to Question #2:  Then you may have to reinstall your Gmail account. Remember if you do that, delete that account from your BlackBerry Internet Service and reset up that account.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craniobrian

#1. Yes, my Gmail account is my Default Service

#2. No, I do not have a Gmail account folder on my desktop. I never have. Even when all this was working correctly. Plus, I have never hooked my Blackberry up to my Laptop so why would that matter?

Ok, so somehow even after deleting it, the Facebook calendar has re-appeared?!?!?

And as a reminder, everything was working perfectly fine before either the last BB update or the last Facebook update (I am not sure which one messed this up.)

Now what do I try?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NotePac

I was speaking of the Gmail folder on your BlackBerry desktop.  No hooking your BB to your laptop does not matter.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NotePac

Also, see  a previous thread (drizzt09) about how to merge multiple calendars
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craniobrian

Ok. Here is where I am at now.

First, yes I do have a Gmail  folder on my BB desktop; and I am not experiencing any problems sending or receiving e-mails from my BB.

I have ensured that my Gmail account is the default calendar. I have merged any/all calendars. I have deleted any/all [CICAL] except for my Gmail account. Yet, I am still where I was before. 

I can add an event or task to my online Gmail calendar and it will update my BB. But when I add an event or task to my BB and sync, it does not update my online calendar and I still get the message, "Another sync client has been adding events to the BlackBerry calendar, to avoid duplicates Google Sync will not keep these events up to date."

What am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NotePac

Hmm....I am not sure if you are doing anything wrong.  Go online an look at your Gmail calender and see if there is any duplicate appt/events.  If so, we need to make sure there is only one entry for that appt/event.  Also, make sure you beginning and ending time on each calendar match. ex. (beginning time) 7:00am and (ending time) 11:00pm.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craniobrian

Latest update ...

I deleted all [CICAL] from my phone. I transferred all appointments (by hand) to my online gmail calendar. I then erased Google sync from my phone, connected it to my laptop BB Desktop mananger, then deleted all calendar files. I then re-downloaded Google Sync and performed a sync. It worked perfectly. All my appointments transfered to my Storm AND I was able to send appointments from my BB to my online Gmail calendar. YAY!! I was very excited. 

Well ... that didn't last long!

I can once again no longer update my calendar from my BB. For some reason the facebook calendar [CICAL] came back and I had to delete it AGAIN. There is no other [CICAL] listed. AND my gmail access that I had on my BB desktop is gone.

Why is this so frustrating?

HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

if you ahve facebook installed, the CICAL- calendar will be there, nothing you can do about it except comepletely uninstall facebook app

just make sure it is the latest version 1.6 i think is the latest(check appworld)

and make sure it is not set as the default calendar

options- advanced options- default services

if you gmail is gone fromdefault services and the calendar is because you deleted the account integration or you delete the service book

you will need to reintegrate your gmail account, or resend your service books... than make sure it is set as your default service

Please use plain text.
freedom

Are you still having problems with this?  If so, just go to your FB application on your BB, and uncheck BB Calendar application.  You should get anymore FB calendar appointments.  

Please use plain text.
lucky_lucky
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: 9320

Help me :'(

My blackberry turn on and turn off the mobile network automatically .

Please use plain text.