Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
craniobrian

Calendar Problems / Questions

I have been having some problems with my calendar, I think since the last BB update. I use gmail sync for my calendar. It had been working just fine but then this stupid Facebook calendar showed up and I think that has messed everything up. Here are my issues / questions:

- Gmail synch will add appointments/events to my BB if the appt/event is added into my gmail calendar from my laptop

- Any appts/events added into my BB calendar will not sync into my online gmail calendar. Even though each time I make sure to select the gmail calendarand not the facebook calendar.

- When I manually sync my calendar on my BB I get a message saying, "Another sync client has been adding events to the BlackBerry calendar, to avoid duplicates Google sync will not keep these events up to date."

HUH? What does this mean? I am the only person using this phone and calendar.

- How do I get rid of the facebook calendar option? I do not and NEVER wanted a facebook calendar to be an option for me. Why did this automatically happen?

I have uninstalled and re-installed my Google sync 2-3 times in the past month trying to solve this problem. That has not worked. I think my next step is to get rid of the facebook calendar and see what happens. But how do I do that without getting rid of the facebook app?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NotePac

Re: Calendar Problems / Questions

You can try this

BlackBerry Device

• Options         Advance Options         Default Services
    • Set Calendar (CICAL):  To your default account
      •  Usually calendar and messaging are set to the same account
    • Messaging (CMIME):  To your default account 
      • Usually calendar and messaging are set to the same account
  • Options         Advance Options         Service Book o   Delete all NON default Calendar (CICAL)

Connect BlackBerry Device to BlackBerry Desktop Manager

• Backup and Restore         Advance
    • Scroll to Calendar
      • Highlight and click Clear
    •     Scroll to Calendar  All
      •  Highlight and click Clear
  • Go back to Main Menu
  • Synchronize

GOOD LUCK!! 

Have a wonderful day.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craniobrian

Thanks for the help. I will go try that in a minute. However, I have one question for you. How important is the second part of your message? The connecting to the desktop manager. I have never done that with my Storm (I know, I know ... not very smart of me). Will connecting for the first time create any problems for me?

Thanks again for your help!!

Brian

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craniobrian

[ Edited ]

Ok. So I completed the first part of your instructions. Now I have my gmail calendar and a Device Default calendar.

The Device Default calendar has 116 entries. The gmail calendar has 117.

I need to get this to be just my Gmail calendar, but I need to do so without erasing the appts/events that are in my BB calendar that did not sync to my gmail calendar. How can I merge the two and get down to just my gmail calendar without losing anything?

HELP!!!

Brian

Message Edited by craniobrian on 08-14-2009 11:30 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NotePac

Brain, I guess at this point the second half is not that important. You can get rid of the Facebook calendar without getting rid of the Facebook App. Buy following the steps below.

Options Advance Options Service Book

Delete all NON default Calendar (CICAL)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NotePac

Just curious how were you trying to sync your Gmail Calendar to your BlackBerry? Also, how were you trying to sync your BlackBerry Calendar?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craniobrian

My gmail calendar automatically syncs with my Blackberry. Anything I add to my gmail calendar automatically updates in my BB. However, nothing is updating from my BB to my gmail calendar. Even if I go to my BB calendar and manually sync.

I used to have no problems with this. Both calendars updated regardless of where the info was entered. The, after either the last BB update or the last Facebook update it all changed and I haven't been able to fix it. It is driving me nuts as I use my BB calendar for my business when I am out and about. But use my online gmail calendar when I am in the office on my laptop. I have to check them both right now to make sure i don't double book appointments. Not very user friendly at the moment.

You mention deleting all NON default calendars (CICAL). The only (CICAL) calendar I have listed is the one associated with my gmail. I am afraid if I delete this one, I will lose appointments that aren't synched. 

The Device Default calendar that I mentioned is not listed in my Service Book. Not sure if that matters or not.

Thanks again for the help.

Brian

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NotePac

That is correct, if you delete Gmail (CICAL), then you will lose every appointment in that calendar. You should have as your default calendar Gmail. Options - Advance Options - Default Services Set Calendar (CICAL): To your default account (it is an email account in a drop down menu) If you do not have on your desktop a folder with your Gmail address. Then you will not receive any updates/sync into your Gmail calendar. If that account is not there you will have to reinstall it. That means you will have to delete it from your BlackBerry Internet Service (because you will see the account there and re-install the account again). That means what appt/events you have set up will be lost. You will have to go in manually and write down each appt/event to ensure you do not lose any. Then once you have reinstall your Gmail account and have your calendar set to default then maybe it will sync. With your fingers cross you will not have to manually install all your appt/events (hope you do not have allot). But before you do all this I have mention go to your Desktop Manager and Backup your phone and save the backup on your hard drive. If things do not work out correctly, you will be able to reinstall your backup files to your BB. You will not lose anything (that includes appt/events).
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craniobrian

My gmail account is listed under my default services as both my calendar (CICAL) and my messaging (CMIME). Does that mean i still need to go through the process of backing up, deleting and reinstalling my gmail sync?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
Please use plain text.