Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Camera Turns on While Sending E-mails

Two or three times now, when I've been trying to compose an e-mail, the camera has come on and filled up the space above the keyboard with the image seen through the lens.  I hit the back button on the right side of the phone and it returns me to the composing screen, but with the camera picture still overlaid on it until I start typing, which refreshes the screen and clears out the camera image.
New Contributor

Re: Camera Turns on While Sending E-mails

The camera turns on when i am adding any text to my phone. It is only a camera view with no setting buttons to turn it off. None of my buttons turns it off. I have to pull the battry sometimes to reset the phone. It happens when you wait to long to key in a number or letter. I hope someone has a solution. It is very annoying
New Contributor

The camera turns on when i am adding any text to my phone. It is only a camera view with no setting buttons to turn it off. None of my buttons turns it off. I have to pull the battry sometimes to reset the phone. It happens when you wait to long to key in a number or letter. I hope someone has a solution. It is very annoying. BTW it is a BB Storm
New Contributor

I just had the same problem while browsing the web.  Instead of the camera, the video player began playing one of my videos from my library.  I couldn't do anything to get it to return to the blog I was reading.  I had to hold the power button to power it off.  I could still see scroll arrows that were overlaid on the video, but the rest of the content in the browser was obscured.  Looks like a bug, but I'm not sure how to reproduce it.
New Contributor

Basically the phone sucks!  I have all the same problems and accelerator is horrible whe you change the angle of the phone.  It is beyond me how Verizon could relaese such a piece of sh--.  Im returning it and going back to AT&T.   good job RIM...good job verizon.  This phone is not even in the same league as the iphone.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Excuse some of my grammar I was typing in a hurry Im so annoyed!
Regular Contributor

I don't know if it is just a coincidences or what but since I updated the Phone, I haven't had this problem any more. Knock on wood.
New Contributor

SInce I downloaded new software problem went away...
New Developer

Can someone tell me how to browse through the videos I capture using the BB Storm camera ?

Once I find my video, how do I download to PC ?

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

tedyu wrote:

Once I find my video, how do I download to PC ?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...
HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: