Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Finz
My Device: Storm 2 9550

Camera causes reboot

I was previously having problems with the camera not responding to the keys.  Now when I try to turn on my camera the whole unit shuts down and reboots.  Storm 2.  Any suggestions on how to fix?

Trusted Contributor
Sith_Apprentice
My Device: various

Re: Camera causes reboot

You likely need to change the software. Have you done an upgrade to the software recently?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
New Contributor
Squinz
My Device: 9520

Hi.

Unfortunately I've the same problem!

I'm thinking to leave BlackBerry........

nos
nos
My Device: storm 9530

same problem here, storm 1

camera and video cam both shut down phone

tried everything, wipe, battery pull, upgrade, downgrade, i am so frustrated with this phone. :womanmad:

Regular Visitor
mrkyoo
My Device: 9520

I'm experiencing the same issues. Both camera and the video causes the device to reboot.

New Contributor
fyrdurst
My Device: storm 2 9520

dont wori guys..i have the same problem as you guys have.very stressful .but no longer now.

easy ..bring the phone to the dealer or whoever sold you the phone,ask them to re-install the software.reinstall all of the software.after that everything's gonna be wonderful.Trust me you will love you bb storm 2.All the problem in the world can be solved.just a matter of the method.

have a try.and best of luck

-cheeers

New Contributor
rdrake
My Device: Storm 2 9550

Just a contribution...I have had 4 Storm 1 & 2  devices and all had the reboot when calling the camera...just replaced a 2 with the latest device (and latest software)...the first time I pressed the camera button on the side it rebooted....my account team no longer responds to requests for a fix or even an explanation.  Otherwise, good device.

Seems to reboot when it has been a while (days???) since using the camera.  Once reboots it works fine for several times in a row.

iapetersen
My Device: 9550

I use my camera infrequently (maybe once a week or two), and it will reboot without fail.  I would think that the fact that it happens with such regularity that the industry could come up with a fix instead of denying that it is a problem amongst many blackberry storm2.  I have the most current software and do not have any third party software loaded.  I would return it if I used the camera more often, but then from what I am hearing on the net is it doesn't crash if used constanty.  Currently my only fix is to only use the camera when I have at least 2-3 min for a phone reboot!!!

New Contributor
renandp
My Device: 9530

Hi did you found any solution? I have a storm 2 months and it was working fine when took pictures, then began to see some decolorized stripes  on screen and finally get a message that "cannot start camera and close any other application and ..." I've wipe, downgrade, upgrade, now Im on 5.0.0.328 and are getting that withe screen with tomeout error and phone crashes, what else could it be?