Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Devo64
My Device: Not Specified

Camera doesn't work

RIM,

You do know the camera on the storm doesn't work...right?

Problems:

1. phone displays "invalid video format" when playing back a video taken with the camera on the phone.

2. up to 10 second delay from click of shutter button to actual picture being taken - making it very difficult to take the picture you want

3. shutter button does not appear

4. when leaving the camera and entering another app, when inside other app (i.e. email,facebook,dialing phone,etc.) the camera begins to take over the screen - showing a "window" with the camera image

Yes, I tried a battery pull to see if that would help.

Please fix.

Devo64

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abaumann
My Device: BB Storm - v4.7.0.86

Re: Camera doesn't work

Newer software is pose to decrease shutter time, make the screen not go white after the pic is taken, make the bar on the bottom transparent to make using it easier. As far as the camera taking over the screen I would suggest going to Options -> Screen\Keyboard -> changing what the side keys do. I found that I would hit the right convience key all the time bringing up the camera.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Finraziel

I hadn't used the camera with the old firmware on our test storms here at work, but with the newer firmware (software platform 4.0.0.98... I'm never sure which number actually is used to denote a certain firmware :smileyfrustrated: the newest official one anyway) I don't encounter any of these problems. It's also not really that slow. The only problem I have with the camera is just that it's still not very good, like most other smartphone cameras, but that's probably because I've been spoiled by SE cybershot and nokia N-series phones with great cameras...

Anyway, try upgrading your firmware :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
vasox

Helo my blackberry storm (9500) doesn't work at all, i bought my blachberry yesterday with vodafone. when i press the camera button it tells me "please close some apps and try again" but all the open apps are messages & phone, i have a 8 gb memory card inserted... Please help me ! Thanks !

Please use plain text.