Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Anxious1
My Device: Not Specified

Can a BB PIN be registered simultaneously in two countries? And if yes, does it result in double billing?

Hi,

I'm new to BB, so forgive if my question seems stupid.

Imagine the following situation. I buy a BB in one country (say e.g. Indonesia) and I use it there with a local provider. My BB PIN will thus be registered as being active for that first country.

I then move to another country (e.g. the Netherlands) and I take my BB with me. There I take out the SIM card of the first country, and replace it with the SIM card of a local provider.There is thus only one SIM card at anytime in the BB. I also take out a new local subscription to BB services. This means that my BB PIN thus gets registered for that new country.

By linking the BB PIN for that second country, does it automatically delink it from the first country? If yes, then there is no problem; there will not be international roaming charges.

If however linking the BB PIN to the new country doesn't remove the first country from the list (i.e. the BB PIN is registered to more than one country at a time), will use of the BB in the second country still result in international roaming charges in the first country, even if the SIM card is no longer in the BB unit?

If there are still international roaming charges, even when the SIM card of the first country is not in the BB, what should be done to avoid it? Getting rid of the old number is of course one solution.

I'm anxious to know.

Anxious One

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Can a BB PIN be registered simultaneously in two countries? And if yes, does it result in double billing?

The PIN can only be linked to one carrier at a time, and roaming is dependent on the SIM card anyhow, so you don't have to worry about roaming charges.  If you are planning on moving, you can also help make things proceed easier by asking your carrier to release your PIN so that you can take it to the new one.  Like that, you'll have fewer problems hooking up your BIS service on a new carrier.

I hope this info helps.  :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Anxious1
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can a BB PIN be registered simultaneously in two countries? And if yes, does it result in double billing?

Yes, Krypto, it really helps. Thanks.

Please use plain text.