Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Regular Contributor
WestofLongBeach
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Can't Upload Pictures to my PC

The instructions in the User's Guide for uploading pictures fail pretty miserably as they get farther and farther from reality.

Lists of tasks like:

Navigate to a folder that contains media files.
5. Highlight a media file.
6. Press the Menu key.
7. Click Move.
8. Navigate to the new location.
9. Click a folder.
10. Click Move Here.

Don't really help me to move 30 or 50 pictures to my PC. And I can't seem to find any help elsewhere in the guide.

Someone suggested using the USB cable, and find whatever removeable drive represents my BB. But I either get a separate program called "Blackberry User Tools" or if I try to "Explore" it, I can't find where the pictures are stored. So I can't do a simple DOS transfer to the PC.

The Help file with the Desktop Manager gets even weirder. It suggests going to Media Manager and clicking "Launch," whereupon I'm supposed to get a two-panel display with folders in the left panel with, I guess, my pictures in the left panel called "Folders". But I get the message that there are no media, and in fact it appears to be looking exclusively at my PC, not the BB. Can't sort out how to get it to look at the BB.

It seems really odd to me that it is not more straightforward, but what do I know?

Thanks.

Don.

BB Storm 2

Win XP SP2

Storm 2 9550
S/W Version 5.0.0.320
File Free: 120135020 Bytes
Apps: Google Maps, MyVerizon, Pandora, Poynt, Slacker Radio,
Washington Post, VCast Song ID, VCast Videos, Visual Voice Mail, Skype

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't Upload Pictures to my PC

Hello, Please see these helpful articles which discuss the various ways to manage user files on a BB. While they may have been written for earlier versions of DTM and/or BB OS, you should still be able to use them to configure properly to use your BB as a set of USB drives on your PC, thereby enabling any Windows Explorer methodology: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/HOWTO-use-your-blackberry-as-a-US... http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_add_media_files_to_my_microSD_card%3F Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
WestofLongBeach
My Device: Storm 2 9550

Hello, sgardne,

Well, with a bit of thrashing, this worked as it was described. I now have all my photos safely "backed up" to my PC, and thanks very much to you for suggesting the web site (the former) that, in spite of being not quite up to date where a Storm 2 is concerned, probably, did the trick with a little inferential tweaking.

Very good job, and thanks again.

Don.

Storm 2 9550
S/W Version 5.0.0.320
File Free: 120135020 Bytes
Apps: Google Maps, MyVerizon, Pandora, Poynt, Slacker Radio,
Washington Post, VCast Song ID, VCast Videos, Visual Voice Mail, Skype

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are very most welcome!!

And apologies for the formatting (or, rather, lack thereof) in that prior post...my system was giving me problems today and removing all formatting and running all paragraphs together. Messy. But I'm glad you were able to find what got you going in the right direction.

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pants
My Device: Bold 9650 Version 7.1

Have you gotten any answers on this ?  I'd LOVE to know how to upload all my photos to my pc ~ my BB keeps saying the photo storage is almost full.  I keep deleting images, but there are many I want to save forever !  Thanks ~ Pamela

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Pants wrote:

Have you gotten any answers on this ?  I'd LOVE to know how to upload all my photos to my pc ~ my BB keeps saying the photo storage is almost full.  I keep deleting images, but there are many I want to save forever !  Thanks ~ Pamela

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm a little confused...the OP indeed got answers, and they worked...posts 2 and 3 seem to have what you need. Perhaps I don't understand your situation?

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pants
My Device: Bold 9650 Version 7.1

I will try them.  I didn't see the other replys until after I sent mine ... Thanks for your quick response !

Please use plain text.