Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't find the video I downloaded on my Storm!!

I finally thought I had this thing figured out.

I downloaded my movie on my computer, hooked up the Storm and copied it to the media card of the device. Then I drug and dropped the video into Videos folder.

When I disconeected and went to watch it is not showing under Video on my Storm. I am so aggrivated with this thing I'm seriously considering taking it back. I know the movie file is on there cause when I look under memory I can see where the file took up several GB worth of space.

Please help before I go insane here!

Many thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't find the video I downloaded on my Storm!!

Did you look in other folders beside the video folder?  Another question:  When you downloaded the movie on to your computer to be transferred to your Storms media card, did you convert the movie file to a format compatible for your Storm to play the video?  If you didn't, that's the reason why the file took up so much space on your media card.  Once the video file is properly converted to a format compatible with the Storm, it will be considerably smaller than the original video file.  Also, if you didn't convert the movie file to a format compatible for the Storm, the file will NOT play anyway.

Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

I looked in every folder on the Storm and couldn't find it anywhere.

I did convert to MP4 using DVDFab5. I

I'm very frustrated with the difficulty I am having. I'm gonna give it a day or two but it looks like its on its way back to Verizon.

Thanks again

Regular Contributor

You must have stored the file in device memory if you don't see it anywhere on the media card.  Do you have "Mass Media Storage" enabled on your Storm - Go to Options/Memory and make sure Mass Media Storage is enabled.  
Contributor

Mass media is indeed enabled. I can find it on my laptop when searching under the Storm files so I know its on the memory card but cannot find it on the Storm.

It is stored on the media memory and not the device memory because it shows that its using the memory space on my Storm.

I truly appreciate your help. Any other suggestions?

Regular Contributor

If you can find the video file when your Storm is connected to your laptop, you should be able to find the video file when your Storm is not connected to your laptop.  When your Storm is connected to your laptop, what is the address that it gives you for the location of the video file?  Did you "Hide" the video file?
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

There are two additional things you can try (these usually resolve most of these problems).  First, pull the media card back out, wait a minute and reinstall it.  It just might've not read from the media card the first time, and when it loads, be aware that if you downloaded the whole movie (i.e. several GB worth), it's going to take a while for the phone to load it (likely in the range of about 5 minutes).

If that doesn't work, the next thing to try is a battery pull - while the phone is turned on, pull out the battery, wait 15-30 seconds, then reinstall it.  The phone will take a few minutes to boot back up.

Those things will hopefully get you back up and running!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Thank you very much fella's (or gals)LOL!

Finally got it to work!

Now if someone could please tell me how to access the movie controls once the movie is playing I would appreciate it.

I tried the back button and it obviously goes back. Tried the menu key and it just pulls up the submenu (the one that says close, change applecations, etc.).

Thanks again for your help in getting this thing to work!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Lightly tap the screen...don't click...a light tap will bring up a bar across the bottom with the controls. It takes some practice...I've messed it up more than once. And be patient with resetting the playback point of a long movie...I discovered that it was actually "doing something" when it just sat there and I had to wait a while for it to reset the playback point when I clicked that progress bar. I'm hopeful new OS's will improve that...I am on .75 (and not updating as others in my firm are while I stay behind as the "control").

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

AWESOME! You guys have been very helpful in helping me figure out how to get my Storm set up.

I can't thank you all enough.

You mention your OS. Since my phone is just a few days old and appears to perform without any problems (other than operator error) I wonder if I should or need to upgrade my OS.