Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
jet228
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cannot change alerts for sms,e-mail and other notifications

Unfortunately, I have the most up to date OS.  Is there any way to follow up with Blackberry to see if we can get this issue resolved? It isn't a major problem but it is annoying and you expect all the features on your phone to work properly.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

It is a known problem. BB is aware. Hence they are releasing newer versions. They are not, however, responsible for a carrier adopting the newer version -- that's the carriers responsibility. So, what you have is a choice...stay with your carriers most up to date version (which has the bug) and wait for them to adopt a newer version. Or you can choose to enter leak-land and adopt a newer version on your own...but that then means you are in beta-ville and subject to everything that implies.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jet228

A Ha!  I see, good to know.  It seems like my carrier is committed to keeping up to date, so I will just wait for an upgrade. I don't wanna risk screwing up the phone, which ftr is pretty much everything I hoped it would be - overall very happy with it.

Thanks sdgardne for all your help!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Windos1953
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Im having a similar Problem.

I put a Tune for a Message Alert. but recently I get Just Vibrate That I set it to In Holster

Why dont I get the Tune to Play

It worked before the upgrade

Please use plain text.
junebug32109

My problem is similar. I downloaded a new ringtone, assigned it to be the ringtone for all my message alerts. I'd done this before and it worked fine. It worked at first when I changed it. Then all of a sudden, it stopped working for sms/mms alerts and did the default tone. It's worked only one other time since then. The email tone still works with the new ringtone. Any ideas as to the problem? Thanks.
Please use plain text.