Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

vigneshn
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cannot disable password for device!

Dear Stockjock.....thanks a ton for your post. It finally solved all my problems....I had browser issues etc etc....your method, worked like a charm....really thanksful to you....

cheers....

Please use plain text.
aleyman

Thanks for the answer. This was driving me nuts!

Please use plain text.
Nicksphone

Please use plain text.
bkburton

You are the best!!! 

Worked great for me.  

I have a blackberry Curve 8330.  The "Encyption Mode"  was found in "Options / Media Card".  I changed the mode to NONE and it removed the little red lock.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
horalethen
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks LJW4215! Although your instructions were for a different model of phone I was still able to figure it out and use the same steps to disable the feature. So cuddos to you my friend!

vr,

Horalethen

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akpaub
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: MTN NIGERIA

Hi! I have this same problem on my storm 9530. I am using Windows vista but upgraded to windows 7. I tried the steps you gave but it is not working for me. I am using a gsm sim card from africa-nigeria to be specific but roaming it on ATT or tmobile networks. Pls can you check for be and explain it further? Thanks in anticipation

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akpaub
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: MTN NIGERIA

Hi vigneshn!

Pls how did you go about disabling the pasword on your blackberry phone. i have the same problem that you had but could not still disable after reading thru stockjock method. i am using a windows 7 hp pc. Pls can you explain the steps better for me? will be grateful. thanks.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
kladd
My Device: 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks for the directions.  It was the only thing that worked!!   I have a BB 8530 Curve through Sprint and when my company migrated back to MS Outlook from Lotus Notes, the set up required a password that I could not disable.  My colleagues using BB through Verizon could disable it.  Our IT department later disabled the password requirement and those on AT&T were able to disable it after take the battery out and letting it restart.

Thanks again!!!!

Please use plain text.
frazldmom
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

thank you so much!!! I have been fighting this password for months!!! Mine had encryption just in options itself.....once I disabled it...was prompted to enter my password....then went to the password option and it was unlocked....when I disabled the password....again it asked for my password......then it was GONE!!!! thanks  sooooooo MUCH!!!

Please use plain text.
holmez
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: avea

Try this.

Remove all the encryption optıons from "options-->security -->encryption", including memory card. Save and exit.

Now when you go to, "password", you should be able to disable it

Please use plain text.