Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot get IMEI Released for BIS

The original owner of my 9530 will not release the pin/imei from Verizon BIS. I've contacted her several times and so far she hasn't done a thing. I cannot reregister it so I can finish setting up the browser/email. This is an unlocked Storm now on AT&T. Any suggestions?
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Cannot get IMEI Released for BIS

Where did you purchase the device through?  eBay?  Craig's List?  If you got it from eBay, continue to pursue her and leave negative feedback.  If you purchased using a major credit card or PayPal, initiate reversal of charges.  If you got it from Craig's List or anything like that (and thus paid cash for it), you may be out of luck.  In that case, your only option is to continue attempting to contact the seller until they finally return your call.  Is there any chance that the seller is just out of town at the moment?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I found out that I am the 3rd owner of this phone. I won it on ebay. The seller gave me the contact info from the individual they bought the phone from. I've contacted this person several times over the past few days and its a no-go. Is there any way of having it reset? I need this phone fully operational before I go onto active duty in a few days. Verizon, AT&T, and Blackberry are of no help.
Elite I

There was a post a while back on releasing PINs, but I can't remember where exactly, and I can't say if it works or not.  If I find it, I'll post it, otherwise just do a search for releasing PINs.

But note that this is one of the dangers in buying a phone off of eBay.  If the seller said that the phone was unlocked, then they should have ensured that it was truely unlocked.  Since they didn't ensure that this was the case, you could say that the phone was sold under false pretenses and you could ship it back and get your money back.

Anyhow, hopefully you're able to get a hold of the original seller, otherwise you'll have to see if you can find that post or return the phone.

Sorry I don't have better news.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I

Actually, you're lucky, I found the post.  Take a look here and see if this helps out.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&view=by_date_ascending&message.i...