Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cannot open text message

I registered on a Backberry website, they sent me the code to my mobile, whci I need to finish my registration. On the mobile I can see I have received 5 messages, but i cannot access them. I have received other massages and emails from different sources. My email works, my text messaging works fine. I followed all the setup in the help section.... nothing.

I can still see the number 5 next to a small yellow envelop with a red cross on it.

Any ideas please??

Solutions: 6,197
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot open text message

Go to your main messages folder > press the Menu key > View Folders and look in EACH of those folders for those messages.

Also, look in SAVED message on the Messages  > Menu.

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have this issue with my new Storm 2 which replaced my 4th replacement Storm I's, the last of which had this problem.

When I show a text message has arrived, I must use your approach (SMS Message>Menu>View Folder>SMS In Box) to see the message.  While this might due temporarily, we need a permanent fix so the messages can be viewed simply by pressing the SMS/MMS Message Icon.

Is there a "fix" to allow correct functionality?

TNX!  Michael

My Device: Curve 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Similar issue with my Curve 2 which replaced my previous Storm(1).

The texting feature is great and looks like a chat window (love it), however once I generate enough "chatting" (several text) up to atleast 10 messages I can't open the messages (or there after) without clearing the chat or deleting the message.

Unfortunately, I deleted my messages before coming to this board so I can't say the steps above will allow me to view the messages.

Though the feature seems to have some character limitation or the texting feature just isnt working right. Any known fixes for this yet? My next option is to completely format my phone and see if its possible to reinstall the OS.