Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Engine20
My Device: Not Specified

Case?

Does anyone know if there will be some type of case that protects the whole phone including the screen, like the ones they have out for the iphone?
Trusted Contributor
rredfox
My Device: Storm

Re: Case?

I really like the holster with the rotating clip.  I use it in "horizontal" position, so when my Storm comes out, it's in Landscape mode.  The magnetic "flap" also activates the "lock" mode.  Pretty handy.

As far as a cover that protects it in use, it'd be a little tough with the way the touch screen works. 

Regular Contributor
sanjivp99
My Device: Verizon BB Strm 9530

Contributor
1stBBstorm

i put on the zagg invisible shield and its great. still get great response and the shield will not scratch. I also use the BB case and the sleep function definitely helps preserve the battery life. sometimes it can lag when removed form case but since i did the .75 update it's much better.
Contributor
jmalewic

I've used these guys in the past for all types of phones including other touch screen devices such as iPod Touch, etc.. They're great.  http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-119/RIM-Blackberry-Storm-9500/Detail  I emailed them and they said they shouold have the Storm screens VERY soon.

New Contributor
stormfan

New Contributor
i4bugs

I have been going crazy with Storm Cases....i have ordered at least three and have to send them back.  I like leather cases.  And I have ordered a Sena, a Piel Frama and a Krussell.  Problem is when I go to use the keyboard in any of these cases the leather frame (think piece of leather) obstructs my typing on the edges.  It is usually only one side...but it is enough to be really frustrated!  I'm not fond of the holster cases.  I prefer the flip cases.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!  Thanks!
Contributor
Kemptville

my 9530 came with a leather envelope that simply was inconvenient.  i passed on my 8830 to a junior employee and kept the case which works well for the 9530.
Regular Contributor
IraIHB
My Device: BB Storm 9530 US Verizon BIS

Check this page. I just ordered a case/holster combo;

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2976&Click=18365

If I have helped, be sure to give me KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

New Contributor
i4bugs

Thanks for that info...I have that blackberry case from the 8830 and find the screen lock feature annoying!