Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
Dark0prince
My Device: Blackberry 9530
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Computer sees 9530 but get "A problem occured while attempting to connect to Blackberry device" prompt

Running Windows 7 *64, just updated Backberry Desktop Software to 7.1

Computer sees the Storm 9530, Device Manager sees it, I can't get into the folders through My Computer, or when running Desktop Software I go to click on Music then itunes and I get this prompt

-"A problem occured while attempting to connect to Blackberry device" prompt.

I'm just trying to add music from my only computer to my phone.

Iv'e follwed the Tips for getting BlackBerry Desktop Manager to detect the BlackBerry smartphone!

On the step "ii. Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, verify that the BlackBerry smartphone is found."

it is an Unkown Device with an exlamation 

I Continue along the steps until I arive at "ix.    Double-click on RimUsbNT.inf, click OK, and then click Next."

Once I hit OK I get Prompt"the folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device"

I'm at loss for ideas..

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Computer sees 9530 but get "A problem occured while attempting to connect to Blackberry device" prompt

Hello Dark0prince and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue connecting your BlackBerry® Storm™ 9530 smartphone to the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.

Download your device software from your mobile carrier (click here) and install it to your computer. This will update the drivers for your device.

If you have already installed the software and the drivers and the issue persists then it would be advised you contact your mobile network provider and ask for a ticket to be opened with RIM support to investigate this matter further.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dark0prince

Re: Computer sees 9530 but get "A problem occured while attempting to connect to Blackberry device" prompt

Even if i use AT&T but this storm is originaly a verizon used device that AT&T doesn't claim to support? Would I use AT&T or Verizon link to download my drivers?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Since the device is branded to Verizon you need to download the software from Verizon's page.

Install the Storm software and reboot your computer.

Your mobile carrier can still open a ticket with RIM support on your behalf to investigate this further.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dark0prince

[ Edited ]

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/ is where(Download your device software from your mobile carrier) leads. It doesn't help it only gives desktop update for the desktop software. I'm dead set on resolving this issue so still working on it.

Problem

The BlackBerry smartphone was not detected as a USB Mass Storage Device when connected to my computer even though it was turned on.

Solution

And what resolved this was this link: Blackberry Knowledge Base
I had to Download under Article KB19717 the hotfix link lower in the page titled calfix.exe

This got the phone to work correctly now I get Music, Files, and Pics!

Please use plain text.