Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Storm - 1st Gen

Congratulations RIM!!

You know, though I do not own an iPhone, I took some time recently to visit Apple's support forum for the iPhone; suspecting that I would find nothing but love, cheer and atta-boys for Apple and their development team (and possibly a few pot shots at the Storm to boot).. I figured since we Bberry users have to put up with unwarranted and unsolicited comparisons to the iPhone on OUR site that it must be nothing but a love fest over there since no one else should dare to make a touch-screen phone but Apple.  Incidentally, Apple wasn't the first manufacturer to make a very successful touch-screen UI...in fact, I think Palm should stop making devices and license their OS... but I digress...

Strange thing is -- Apple's site read a lot like this site... with people threatening to return it after the update... "the 3G is horribly slow"... "I waited outside all night for this?!!"...I can't believe that Apple would do this!"  "Apple's support is !@%$#%"  ....it read exactly like a lot of the negative posts on this site.

I have been a techie and gizmo guy a long time and NEVER really joined any support forum; only when I had a problem to fix with one of my toys.  I search the web...visit the site...someone has great advice...problem solved.  I became a member on this site because after two years of owning the 8703e (the rock-solid dinosaur)... I was completely stoked about this phone.

I hate to disappoint some folks on here, but this is an awesome phone for a first issue.  Period.  It is everything I have come to love about BBerries and has a few surprises that make the experience even nicer.

So, I am convinced that there are two kinds of techies: 1) those who, though they love to grab the latest and greatest device, understand the realistic amount of time and diligence it takes to troubleshoot, learn, customize and utilize an application or a device to its full potential  2) those who do not.

So here: don't be part of the problem, be a part of the solution.  It is a waste of time to post here about returning your Storm - just return it and be done.  This forum, I feel, is for people who want to give good advice, tips and who genuinely enjoy their Storm - and more than that, BlackBerries.  Sure it has some bugs.  Sure, I posted to the wish-list.  There are things that I would like to see, but you know what: Every device is not for everybody.

So, I will turn over a new leaf and try to offer advice and tips that I learn and be a good Bberry user on this forum.  I would only ask that those who would come on here to rail against RIM and curse the day you placed this device in your hands to hang on to your device, post your problems, look for solutions and stop threatening to throw in the towel.  IT IS BORING!

BTW - I like Apple products too.

All the best,

Tim
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Congratulations RIM!!

welcome aboard!!!
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Welcome to the forum, remember to help anothers if you can and ask if you need anything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

It will be the perfect BB.  Mine has no issues and I just helped one of my iPhone friends (see above) move.  My Storm works every where in his new place, but he can go down 3 sets of stairs to the front or up to the roof.  For him it is better because he has a nice view of SF from the roof.

For the perfect Storm (not including the George Clooney edition) I need two more maintenance releases, the APP center and the much promised MAC sync tools (pocket mac doesn't do it for me).  

For the person who is looking for ringtones:  Just use your music from your PC or MAC, otherwise I got some ringtones through MMS (take that iPhone) from crackberry.com