Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Mousetraps
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: at&t
Accepted Solution

Connect black berry storm 9500 to wifi?

Hi everyone,

I juz received a blackberry storm 9500 from my sister, and I don't know how to connect it to wifi (I'm very new at this). I've tried google and found different answers, ranging from "storm 9500 cannot connect to wifi", to "i have one and it can connect just fine". I can't find the wifi option in the "manage connection", and there is no browser icon on the home screen either.

Can anyone tell me how to connect to wifi (it it can be connected)? My carrier provider is at&t btw.

Any help much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Connect black berry storm 9500 to wifi?

Hello,

The original Storm models (9500/9530) have no WiFi radio, and cannot therefore use WiFi. The Storm2 models (9520/9550) added, among other things, WiFi capability. As such, with a 9500, you have no WiFi radio and therefore cannot use WiFi services.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
megayana
My Device: 9500 storm
My Carrier: 09326111173

Same thing as min 9500 storm i cannot into wifi and enjoy facebook and use my yahoo

Please use plain text.
megayana
My Device: 9500 storm
My Carrier: 09326111173

Any one could help me out me out how to connect into bbm , facebook and yahoo pls help me out 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

megayana wrote:

Any one could help me out me out how to connect into bbm , facebook and yahoo pls help me out 

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given that this thread is about the specifics of a 9500 and WiFi, then the response in post 2 holds true...there is no WiFi radio, so it is not available for use on a 9500, and is a limitation that quite simply cannot be overcome.

Now, if your issue is concerning using those services via your mobile data network connection from your carrier, then that's a different question...deserving of a thread of it's own so as not to intermingle it with the topic of this thread. If that's what you are seeking help with, then please create a new message in this "Storm" board with the details about your situation.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saboor73
My Device: blackberry strom 9530
My Carrier: none

I have just bouhgt bb strom 2 9500. it have wifi option. but when ever I try to connect it will my wifi router. a message with a password appears and asks to enter the password in my router device. which is impossible.

Please use plain text.