Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
chaskinsnc
My Device: Not Specified

Connecting to Microsoft Exchange

I have been considering moving to ATT to get and iPhone but I am reconsidering now!  This is a great phone and most of my team is on Verizon.  My company will not support a Blackberry server so have there been changes to connect to Exchange natively directly from the phone for push email?  I currenly use Windows Mobile 5. (Many of my team are considering a jump from Verizon to ATT.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Connecting to Microsoft Exchange

you can integrate your OWA email via BIS or can use Desktop Redirector. ofcourse you will only get push email wireless, not your calendar or address book  as BES does.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor
chaskinsnc

Bummer. That will not work. I have to have full functionality. Why will they not all an active sync wirelessly?
Contributor
monpeasch

Hi, I'm new to all this, can you explain what BIS is? I'm unsuccessful to set up my BlackBerry Storm with my OWA account. I go to Setup - email - other, then enter my work email address and password, then I get the additional prompts to set it up as OWA. I go through all the prompts, only for it to tell me it didn't work, please enter my information again. I have checked with my mail admin guys at work and I am keying in all the appropriate information: https address, mailbox name, etc. Any ideas?
New Contributor
zanoza

I am having the same problem. My Blackberry couldn't create email account error. I can connect to the Exchange using https in a web browser and I know it's correct login information. Is it a bug in blackberry or it's some sort of security feature? Can anyone have a luck with it?
unsoundz

You can setup your blackberry one of two ways, one from the device or from your computer.  I use the computer option because its so much easier and less chance of fat fingering a key.  go to website https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw this is the BIS link for Verizon Blackberrys.  You will have to register as a new user.  (if you have already tried to create an email account on your blackberry you may have to call your cellular provider to have them delete your account so you can set this up on the computer).  from there it will ask for your ESN (go to options>Status) and PIN code (found in same place as ESN).  from there you will be prompted to enter your email address and password.  if the exchange is not broadcasting out to the internet then you could have some problems.  when it fails twice to look out for your email address it will ask you to manually enter your exchange server name or to do it by webmail.  thats where you can put in your webmail address (example https://webmail.mail.com) and enter your user name and password to add your email account.  Also in certain situations your blackberry pin may already be registered with another email address (sometime glitches happen) and will have to call your cellular provider to have them delete that account so you can setup yours.  Hope this helps any. 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Interesting thread resurrection! :smileytongue:

FYI -- the documented configuration instructions for Exchange with internet-facing OWA are here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03133&sliceId=2&docTy...

The trickiest setting is the Mailbox Name -- it must be exact (including case sensitivity) and you must use true OWA as shown to find out the proper value. If that fails, you must contact your OWA administrator for the proper mailbox name information.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
dshoffitt
My Device: Bold

I found a different solution called AstraSync ($49/year).

Check out this webpage to read more:  http://www.stricklandnetworks.com/blog/2010/08/17/AstraSync.xhtml

bluecat
My Device: 9930

I've been having nightmare problems connecting my 9930 to my work exchange server. It's a problem on the Blackberry side. So every time we have a password change here (every 90 days), I spend at least 2 days trying to get the email back up and running. My boss got the same phone on AT&T and it took 5 minutes to set up the email to the same exchange server. The problems are still not rectified on Verizon/Blackberry.