Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
rkakmkak
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2
My Carrier: 02 / Tesco Mobile
Accepted Solution

Contacting BB

Is there anyway to actually contact blackberry directly either via email or phone.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Contacting BB

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Yes you can have your carrier open a case report with the RIM technical staff.

Is there a specific problem we can help you address?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rkakmkak

Thanks. I have a new blackberry storm 2 I need to now how I can block an email that is being sent me my message box every day now. I think it is from something I have possibly downloaded in the app world. But it is from - NewGen Graphics and its is recommended apps for you. But I don't want it it comes everyday somehow.
The other problem I am having is I cannot set up personal email as it says me device is not register but my phone network say it is and to contact BB directly.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

rkakmkak wrote:
Thanks. I have a new blackberry storm 2 I need to now how I can block an email that is being sent me my message box every day now. I think it is from something I have possibly downloaded in the app world. But it is from - NewGen Graphics and its is recommended apps for you. But I don't want it it comes everyday somehow.
The other problem I am having is I cannot set up personal email as it says me device is not register but my phone network say it is and to contact BB directly.

HI,

I did a search in App World and found 80 apps that list NewGen as the designer.  I just looked at my 9550 I think there may a way  to control the messages by editing the permissions for the offending app. Let me test it first and I will let you know the results.

Lets check your email setup. Go to options>Applications>select Core. Is Email setup application listed?  Don't open it yet highlight it and press menu you can view the properties

and edit the default permissions. Now click to open and you can verify the modules installed and version information. If the email setup app i not listed the link below gives the possible causes and resolutions to install the app.

Let me know how it goes, and I'll test the unwanted messages.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB10773 The Email Setup application is missing from the BlackBerry smartphone

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi rkakmkak!

I promised to post back after testing a way to stop  the "Gold Star Spam" messages from the Newgen Graphics people. I installed their free Foto stamps for Facebook and BBM. app from NewGen on the 29th, when we last posted. I tried using application permissions to restrict the app and set most request to prompt  me before actions. I tried using the Application Resource manager...well the long and short of it is now I'm getting their spam messages as well as you!

Happy New Year!

Bifocals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rkakmkak

Oh no. Well many thanks for trying. I think i shall have to delete me apps and then only reinstall certain one.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

those apps are called "spamware".
for an application, you have:
- freeware : totally free of charge
- premiumware : you pay once
- adware : free of charge, but you have ads in the app
- spamware : free of charge, but you get spam messages (email, popups, Messages)
- subscription ware : you pay on a frequent basis

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.