Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts are messed up and software says not availble

kokester wrote:

When I go to restore date and selct data - the address book shows 1 record - which is not correct.  Do you think I need to uninstall and reinstall teh Balackberry software on my computer?

About how many records should it show?

Deleting and reinstalling the Desktop Software won't change what's in the backup database.

The reason your Address book data is greyed out is likely that you have some wireless contact syncing setup.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokester
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: verizon

it should show a few hundred contacts. I don't do anything wirelessly - I synch by using a USB cord
Please use plain text.
JSanders

You sync to what, Outlook?

Can you be specific what you normally do and if those contacts are still in the place where you formerly synced?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokester

I don't see where I have any wireless contact syching set up?  HOw do I undo it if it is set up somewhere?  I need the the Contact data to be accessible in the Blackberry Desktop software - the calendar and task list can still synch. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

JSanders wrote:

You sync to what, Outlook?

Can you be specific what you normally do and if those contacts are still in the place where you formerly synced?

eh?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokester

Ok - I have had a Blackberry for 3 years.  My routine : synch my phone with my computer Outlook calendar and contacts via a USB cable every other day or so.  I connect the phone to the computer, I open the Blackberry Software (version 5.0) on my computer and under "Organizer" I check the boxes for calendar and contacts and hit synch (i have previously configured the synching).  All went well until last week when the synching process resulted in all one contact repeated 500 times - when I sent to re-synch the "Contacts" box said unavailable.  I have now erased the 500 repetitive entires but can't get any contacts back on my phone.

Thanks sooooo much for your patience and help I am going crazy trying to fix this.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hello,

The Intellisync® folder may be corrupted causing errors in synchronizing the address book.

The attached article provides instructions for resetting your configuration folder. Use steps 1a and 1b. Make sure you set the option to notify you for conflict resolution which will allow you to cancel any mass changes.

Bifocals

KB16153 "Error 0x8004fd28" displays during calendar synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokester

I use Windows 7 and I can't find the Intellisynch folder in order to delete it?  I found an AddInSynch file - is that the correct one?  I tired deleting it and thenfollowed the rest of the instructions and it didn't work :smileysad:  Woudl it help to uninstall the Blackberry software and install Version 6?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

I run Windows as well and the Intellisynch folder is located  using the path for Windows Vista.

I wouldn't recommend uninstalling the current desktop manager software, no sense in compounding the problem.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokester

Hello again.  I did follow the Vita instructions and all I found was the AddinSynch folder nothing called Intellisynch!  So frustrating!  Any other thoughts? 

Please use plain text.