Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Custom Ring tones

I have set a couple custom ring tones for specific contacts.  However, even when I have the phone set to Vibrate only, those contacts will still ring through.  Why is this?
Super Contributor
My Device: Storm II 9550 OS 5.0
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Custom Ring tones

Hello. The way to make custom ring tones work on vibrate, you must go to each contact indidually, as you did when assigning the ringtone, and choose the edit option from menu. Under custom ringtone alerts, highlight phone and open the menu again, choose edit. There you will see the vibration option. Change it from active profile to on or holster only whatever you prefer. That should work for you.

If I or any one else helps resolve your issue, please click the KUDOS!!

REMEMBER TO RESOLVE YOUR THREAD! PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK THE ACCEPTED SOLUTION ON THE POST THAT RESOLVES YOUR PROBLEM SO OTHERS MAY USE IT TOO!
New Contributor

If ur still running the stock .75 OS version the last suggestion won't work either. Its an OS glitch. If you are with VZW keep waiting foe the .113 upgrade with the rest of us, this problem is one of the fixes included in the upgrade.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
New Contributor

Hi GMAN58,

I appreciate your suggesstion, however, it still does not work.  The 2nd response to my questions explains why.  I have to wait for an upgrade from our service provider.  Oh well, at least I will know how to get it working once the upgrade happens.  Thanks for your suggestion!

rosarecords

New Contributor

Well that explains everything!  I knew I couldn't be that inept at setting ring tones!  I will wait for the VZW upgrade and then get clever with my ringtones.  Any idea when that upgrade is going to happen??

Thanks again!

New Contributor

There is no release date as of yet but my VZW rep said it should be out in a couple of weeks, but VZ has been saying that since January. So who knows? If u r interested I have an email with all of the fixes it does, drop me a message or PM on here with your email add and I'll forward it to you.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love those "coming soon" responses.  Oh well, at least they are working on it.   I am interested in seeing all of the fixes, so here is my email - 

[removed personal information]

Message Edited by dany_s on 05-07-2009 04:10 PM