If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Forums Advisor I
Windos1953
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Delete From Mailbox & Hand Held

How do I set The Messages to Delete to mailbox & Handheld?

It Was Doing it When I Got the Phone ? Now it Just Deletes from Phone?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Storm9530
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Delete From Mailbox & Hand Held

From your BlackBerry Storm, select and open your e-mail account, hit the BlackBerry button and select Options.  Under Message Options, select Email Reconciliation.  Under Delete On: change the optin to "Mailbox & Handheld."  Hit the BlackBerry button and then Save.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SNS2377
My Device: Storm 9530

I had the same problem. This is what I did to fix it. Hope it works for you.

Got to your setup folder(its on the expanded home screen)

Go to email settings folder.

If you have more than one Email address, make sure the one you want to edit is highlighted.

Press Edit(its on your click screen. (Bottom left corner, Its a pen or pencil looking icon)

Hide your keyboard if it is up(hit blackberry button scroll down and hit hide keyboard)

Scroll down to bottom of settings. You will see a small box with the Sentence" Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device" next to it.

Check the Box.

Test your email.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SueZ

Hi,  I'm having the same problem.  I use Outlook with a POP3 server. I have my BB Storm set to "Delete on Mailbox and Handheld."  It doesn't work - if I delete on the handheld, it does not delete in my mailbox (I was out of town for a week and had my Outlook on my computer closed.  I managed all of my e-mail through the BB. When I got back to town and opened my Outlook, all of the e-mails I had deleted on my BB were still there.).   I went into the Email Setup icon and I do not have an option to "Synchronize deleted e-mails."
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

There have been several posts herein as of late concerning different issues with BIS. They had an outage last week (I think?) and since then folks have reports duplicates and such. Now this non-deleting on both even when properly configured. Perhaps there's still some larger BIS issue going on...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SueZ

My apologies - I just ran another test and it does appear to be working as intended. So perhaps I was experiencing some BIS anomolies last week.
Please use plain text.
mariselacisneros
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: att

I have a Bold 9700 and trying to have emails deleted from my laptop when I delete on phone.  I can't find the option that will take me there.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

mariselacisneros wrote:

I have a Bold 9700 and trying to have emails deleted from my laptop when I delete on phone.  I can't find the option that will take me there.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please reference this KB:

•  KB05133Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Please ensure that your email service is even capable of what you desire as well as having all things configured as the KB instructs.

Further, if by "deleted from my laptop" you desire for it to delete from Outlook or some other desktop PIM, please be aware that reconciliation is between the BB and your email server as well as between your desktop PIM and your email server...the BB and your desktop PIM do not reconcile to each other. As such, if your email service is capable of accepting the reconciliation from the BB (as per the KB above), then it will be up to your desktop PIM to be able to reconcile against the email server (and most do not, including Outlook).

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Sharif95
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Have done all that is suggested in the forum re: synchronizing deleted items. Still not working. Most interestingly, I had the feature enbaled in the synch option and it was working fine but has suddenly stopped working. So the deleted items actioned with 'delete on mailbox and handheld' are still showing on my outlook inbox. Very annoying. Any asssistance is appreciated. I have a bold 9900.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sharif95 wrote:

Most interestingly, I had the feature enbaled in the synch option and it was working fine but has suddenly stopped working.

That is interesting...I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Sharif95 wrote:

So the deleted items actioned with 'delete on mailbox and handheld' are still showing on my outlook inbox.

Still, not knowing how you have integrated your Outlook client with your mail server, it's impossible to know if this should work or not. But, since you say it used to work, you must be integrated via IMAP to your Outlook client, for that is the only way that I've found for a non-BES/Exchange user to have deleted item synchronization between the Outlook client and their server.

What you should check is your server...when you delete on the BB, check the server directly (e.g., via WebMail) to see if the item is gone from the server. If it is not, then that would explain why it's not deleting from your Outlook client. And, hopefully, the above steps can cure the problem between your BB and your email server.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.