Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
Accepted Solution

Delete Prior doesn't maintain sync with mailbox

I subscribe to a newsletter digest and the mail gets delivered to my BB about once an hour or so.  Sometimes, I want to read the messages, other times I don't.  

When I don't want to read the messages, I just highlight the sender address to show only those messages, then I'll hit "Delete Prior" from the BB Menu.  This clears all of those messages from my BB, but it doesn't seem to sync with my mailbox.  

Is there a difference that I'm unaware of in hitting Delete Prior vs. just selecting each message and hitting Delete?

Storm2 (9550) Verizon.  Sync deleted items is on in BIS settings.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Delete Prior doesn't maintain sync with mailbox

Hi there,

This KB might apply:

•  KB00285Email messages not deleted after email reconciliation

While it discusses BES, it does seem to indicate that the behavior you witness is as designed. The thing to do would be to wait at least 24 hours since everything but new email delivery is done at a lower priority.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)

Re: Delete Prior doesn't maintain sync with mailbox

Thanks again for the reply, 

That seems to be what it's doing.  Thanks!