Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

flipgeek
My Device: Not Specified

Deleted Ringtones Still Showing

I deleted a ringtone but the file name is still showing on the list of tones. How do I remove it?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jeff1974w
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Deleted Ringtones Still Showing

i believe anything that you delete including ringtones/pictures and apps will not be deleted until the device is reset.  try removing the battery or installing a soft reset app.

if your trying to delete the preinstalled ringtones/pictures, i dont believe those can be removed!

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Please use plain text.
flipgeek

Removing the battery did not solve the problem. And no I didn't try nor will I try to delete a pre-loaded ringtone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joniesq

I am having the same problem.  I was testing out functions with my new Storm and selected a synched mp3(?) song (from itunes) as a ringtone.  I realized that the beginning of the song was too soft to be heard so I didn't want it as a ringtone anymore.  Deleting the song from my music folder didn't help.  So now when I try to select a custom ringtone for a contact, the name of this song keeps coming up in the list.  It seems like another SW bug.  You can set something as a ringtone, but you can't delete it from the list.  Any ideas?  Since the song was in the music directory, it is not something I can delete from the ringtones folder on my media card.  Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
obas

I found this and it worked for me.

I plugged in with the cable and opened Blackberry 2
and went to my ringtones folder and deleted the BB Thumbs.dat file.
Then do a battery pull.

If this works, please kudos me and mark the thread as solved.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joniesq

I clicked on the Kudos icon, so hopefully you got them.  Not sure what the kudos are good for except to make you feel good, though.  ;-)  OTOH, I am extremely grateful that you figured it out.  Deleting a file was not an option for me yet, as I don't know which ones are important, as a new BlackBerry user.  It seems counter-intuitive and having to reboot with a battery pull is soooo painful! 

Anyway, I'm not sure how to "mark" the thread as solved, except to say:  SOLVED.  DONE.  FINI. and Kudos to you.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.