Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
sgkorina
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Deleting Apps

I haven't been able to figure out how to delete some of the apps that were pre-installed on my Storm. I want to get rid of the NFL Mobile, VzwTones, V CAST Videos, YouTube, and all the instant messaging apps. I can't find an option to delete these. How do I do this?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Deleting Apps

Most of those are what they call virtual preloads.  It means they really aren't apps but internet shortcuts to download the apps.  When you click on them they just open the browser so you can install the apps.  You can't delete these but you can hide them.  They can't be removed but they can be hidden.  Create a new folder on the home screen and then move the icons into that folder and hide the icon. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
sgkorina
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

So, there are items on the blackberry, links or otherwise, that can't be removed? 

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Sort of.  You can delete the service books for them in Options >Advanced Options >Service Book.  They say "virtual preload" next to them.  However, they will be automatically pushed back by your carrier the next time the device registers on the network. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!