Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Deleting a Contact List

I tried this. The content of the contact lists are gone. But the contact list remains. Its irritating and confusing. I wanna remove the list as well. Pls help

TIA

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

To remove the whole list from the home screen, click Options > Advanced Options > Service Books. Highlight the (name of list) [SYNC] service book. Press the Menu key and choose Delete. Then go back to contacts and do that whole rset thing again.

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Rogers / T-Mobile UK

Thanks, this worked great!

But a little bit of extra information since I am not a Blackberry Enterprise user and I still had a similar issue, so this MAY have some benefit to others. My situation is unique in that I use 2 different SIM cards on different continents, and it seems that when I slipped the other SIM card in and 'connected' to BB services and created a new version of the same email address, the BB started synching 2 sets of identical contacts. The thing that was confusing me was that when I went to Desktop Manager and clicked on Replace Blackberry Contacts in the Contacts sync section, it did so but only with 1 of the 2 sets of contacts.

Anyway, your fix solved the problem by both resetting one of the Contacts lists (wiping all contacts on the BB) and also resetting and REMOVING the duplicate one as well. Once that was done I just did a sync and migrated everything to my BB from my laptop and all is back as it should be.

So, not to suggest that many people use more than one SIM card, but it might well be that this issue arises if you happen to have accidentally created 2 identical Contacts lists somehow.

My Device: 9800

excellent.

from where did you learn this

New Contributor
My Device: 8520

Hi

I also faced this problem only after I used my another bb enabled sim card on the bb on which i reported this problem. 

I need to get around to do deleting this duplicate contact list . Will try it out soon and update this forum. 

New Contributor

I looked at this solution.  On my BB desktop Manager 6.0.1.18, it does not have the advanced tabs etc. so this soln does not work for the later software builds?  When I looked at restore, it showed me address book with 2400+ entries, but no advance tab etc.  

I have the duplicate and triplicate entries in my address book which is killing me, my second issue is some don't replicate from my device to the desktop???

Got 2 problems need help on.

ken
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Try this link:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB21118

It gives an extra line or so of support for storm users

New Contributor

Thanks...

ken
My Device: torch
My Carrier: orange

Please can someone give me clear step by step instructions to delete my Yahoo contacts out of my normal contact list? Its driving me insane! I have a Blackberry Torch and its very new - no idea what model?!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

Thanks a lot.. its helped a lot..

Well done to everyone who replied to these queries..

You are the greatest..