Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Re: Desktop Manager v4.7 & Roxio Media Manager

Now I've accepted using windows to access the device and media card it's as simple as plugging in a usb stick and copying files

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

did you find your Storm in Devices with Removable Storage or in Portable Devices? and did you set up your own file structure?
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

[ Edited ]

They appeared as Unspecified in 'Computer' on my Vista PC or 'My Computer' depending on OS. They didn'y show up as Storm just as Removable Devices called Blackberry and whatever I had called the media card

I enabled mass storage etc and in the end I'm forgetting about desktop manager and roxio so decided to backup a copy of files to my pc and then format both the device and media card using default settings. I'm using Vista Ultimate so just went to 'Computer' and did it from there. Once I did that I copied back the sytem / settings files (from the back up I had created) to the device and went into media on the device then went back into 'computer' to view the device and memory card and it had created all the folders I needed (eg documents, pictures, music etc etc). So then I just copied from PC to where I wanted them and hey presto they appeared on my device

Also the folders you will want to find on the device itself if you let the blackbery create them are
computer\BLACKBERRY1\home\user
 in there you will the devices folders for Documents Pictures Videos etc etc
 This is different for the Media Card as after I had formatted the media card, the Blackberry created a root file called BLACKBERRY and then the Picture Music Folders etc in this root folder
Message Edited by leew1972 on 11-21-2008 07:51 AM
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Glad to hear it is working for you now.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

J Sanders - enabled the mass storage option and can copy files to from the relevant folders very simply now.  No more crapio Roxio!
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Haha, good to know! Thanks for the report back.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code