If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Storm™

Visitor
Tnvlsrule
My Device: Not Specified

Device Error 354 after update

[ Edited ]

I upgraded to the most recent device software recently.  Before the upgrade process was complete, the phone reset.  Now it just repeatedly resets after it gets to a certain point in the startup process.  It spits out a "Device Error 354" for a split second before it resets.  Every once in a while, it will give me a "Reload Software: 507" error, and it does not reset.  Any fixes?

Edit: I tried reloading the device software by using this page, but it does the same thing as the first update that started this mess.  I tried doing a downgrade, too; same results.  It looks like it has a habit of shutting off durring the update.  It's not bricked; it will still update if I get the 507 error instead of the 354 (in other words, if it doesn't reset during startup).  The end result is always that it either resets during startup, or it stops at a white screen with a 507 error.

Message Edited by Tnvlsrule on 06-07-2009 02:06 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Device Error 354 after update

Please use plain text.